Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14718

• dcreed
  • Thank you received: 0
Chief Charley,
Help me with my feeble memory. I remember the name E. G. Jones, but can't put a person to it.

Don Reed
MM2 6/66-11/68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14719

• schlog
Hey coop , Now I've had it . For 3 years and 2 months I treated y'all to the finest music the industry had to offer and all I get is bitchin . You may be proud to know that i ,at least got some long term enjojment out of it . I lived in Georgia for quite awhile too . Lithonia , Georgia to be exact .
But all the B.S. aside , it was not I that played the honorable "JIM REEVES" 24/7 it was none other than Glen R. (HOSS) Long a fellow ICman from American Falls Idaho . He and i were discharged at the same time . Feb'67 . He went from Treasure Island to a horseshoeing school in South Dakota . Asked me to come with him , but i said I was going to Port Angeles , Wash , to ride tugboats for ever and ever . I keep in touch with him all the time . He still lives in American Falls and is still married to his wife Peggy after many years . I called him and told him about this website and he told me in no uncertain words " i don't want nuthin to do with no goddamn computer" .so thats it
P.S. y'all don't forget the country music awards are on tv tonite

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14720

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
E.G. Jones played fiddle. We had a guy in pre-commissioning school that was trying to learn to play the violin. He'd play in a closet because we all bitched if he played it around us. Apparently he gave up on it because he sold it to Jones. It was transformed instantly into a fiddle.

Wes

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14721

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Pat, you lived in Lithonia. I live in Lawrenceville and teach in Conyers. It's a small world. Do you ever get back here? Let me know the next time you do.
Actually, Jim Reeves was on of the better ones we were supjected to. When I hear him now, it brings me back to the Cochrane.

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14723

• chassny03
Dont you just love the way we stick to a subject? Typhoon in 66???
Coop if you don t remember E G Jones, a description won t help; his actions were what made him a character. He was medium height and weight, was an HT1, wore glasses, I don t know where he was from, but I m pretty it wasn t Manhatten. The guys used to rib him of his religious practice of Onanism. He never denied it and was quite proud of it, as I remember.
Conyers??? I think that school was in National news a while back.
My son lives in Cartersville, works for Georgia Tech (his alma mater); used to work in Carterville, but recently transferred to Atlanta.
Country music..I use to go to Olangapo early in the afternoon and watch the bands practice (among other things) The played a song over and over until they had it down. Seemed odd to see little people sounding like Johnny Cash. I made 13 wespac deployments and never tired of the far east, beats Med by a mile

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14729

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Chief, I want to invite you over anytime you come to Atlanta to visit your son. You have a standing invitation. We'll throw some steaks on the grill.
Rockdale County (Conyers) has taken some heat lately, and none of it deserved. First, PBS ran a program forever calle, "The Children of Rockdale County." This got everyone very upset because the thing that they say happens here, also happens where you guys all live too.
The second thing was the shooting at Heritage High School. You cannot tell me that there isn't a danger of that happening anywhere else too. I think Rockdale County is a great place to live. I don't even live there. I live in Gwinnett County. I teach in Rockdale and I like it there.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds