Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 6 months ago #15539

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 6 months ago #15543

• Ken Keeler
  • Ken Keeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I found the site after John had it well along. It was tied to another navy site that I had been using to try and find out where the Cochrane was located and if it could be visited. all I rember was that this was an official Govt. site and they gave the status of the ship and where it was mothballed.

John is the man as far as how well this site is developed. Along with that however is the fact that a lot of great shipmates have sent John much material.

While I was in Brownsville, and that was emotional beyond belief!. I am looking to our second reunion and to meeting many more shipmates there.

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Edited by - Ken Keeler on 03/16/2002 10:55:24

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 6 months ago #15544

• J C Reynolds
  • J C Reynolds's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Richard, I remember you; at least I recognise your face from the '66 Cruise Book.

The site exhibits the power of some personal determination/enterprise and modern technology to bring people together; thanks John and the rest of the 300 before me. How soon untill the next 300?

How did they do it in the dark ages? Along this line, I wonder how many ships associations there are and if there is a central registrar, official or unofficial. Does any one Know?

John C. Reynolds, ETR2 '64-'67

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 6 months ago #15547

• Michael Gray
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Guys, was reading some of the replies to this topic with interest. Just a quick note that might help some of you out. I have located a few other sites that may help you locate old shipmates that aren't listed on this site. Most are free to post your info to, but a few of them you have to pay to send messages to other members. Also a few of these sites are sites that have some good info and pictures of our beloved ship Cochrane. Here are a few of them: hullnumbers.com, vetfriends.com, military.com, militaryconnections.com, warships1.com, destroyers.org, hazegray.org, and navsource.com. Hope that these sites
will help you all in your searches.

HTC USN Ret. Mike Gray
U.S.S. Cochrane 1977-1979

<font size=6></font id=size6>

Edited by - Michael Gray on 03/17/2002 11:11:34

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 6 months ago #15548

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Coop:
I just went to classmates.com and found 224 COCHRANE sailors listed there. I had no Idea that they listed military as well as high schools. My wife is a member and informed me that if we (she) registers a reunion then she can email all 224 people at the same time. She will do it this next week. Thanks for the tip.

MM2 83-85
#2 Engine Room Supervisor

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 6 months ago #15550

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I went to classmates.com and found out that they do not offer the same reunion stuff for military as they do for schools. I posted a message there about our upcoming reunion with a link to the site. I will try to go and email everyone on the list in the next week or two. Classmates will only let you email 20 people per day so it will take awhile.

MM2 83-85
#2 Engine Room Supervisor

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds