Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 5 months ago #15597

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, I really am impressed with your notes. You've cleared up some very distant memories for me. I think I remember wondering about the mail, too. Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 22 years 5 months ago #15601

• thomas mills
As soon as we can get home to Nevada, get settled, get the new garage built to work the old cars, I want to put all these notes in a format with callouts that can be turned over to John Freeman in date order with sub-titles that allow a person to key in a term and that item can come up.
I really thought we'd be a bit more into this move, selling the house,
and know exactly which plot of dirt around Virginia City we'd
move too. 35 years of marriage, 32+ years at Lockheed, 5 kids, sorting and trying to purge things, I never knew people could gather so much SHIT! Seems my tools are number 1 for the purging, and our trying not to square off, still find stuff, ain't made this the
Happy Camp. Ask the questions for 66 thru 12-1969, and at least I now
know where all the info is at in the mounting piles of boxes. I
hope I pick the right place in Nevada, as I am only moving two more times in my life.....one to Nevada and one to the ground!

tom mills/QM2 66>>>>>>>>>>>69^

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 21 years 6 months ago #15783

• Dan Metsker
With the advent of the internet, I've tried over the years and couldn't find anything until a couple of years ago, I found a webpage of a couple of guys that had indicated they sailed on the Cochrane. Further contact via email didn't work-must of been my ineptitude. Anyway, I ran "COCHRANE" on the browser again during a downtime at the office--and here you are.

My most heartfelt thanks to all that have taken the time and energy to present this forum for guys like me. I'll be a regular subscriber--thanks again!

How did you locate the USS Cochrane Association? 21 years 6 months ago #15797

• Ken Keeler
  • Ken Keeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Horace,
It was most likely in 66 as I was stationed in Danang when you guys were there.
We used to go over to Monkey mountain on the LCU that I was on and shoot up the country side with 20mm. nice weapon.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds