TOPIC:

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14619

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
and then when you were real broke it was"nikki mizu-scohee leamon"
or something like that

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14620

• Ralph Best
  • Thank you received: 0
Wes i also am glad you Quit as i also quit
drinking @ smoking in October of 75 or i probably would not be here either.I sure do remember having to lean against the bulkhead
and slide down to the deck to put my pants on
a many a times in 11st division aafter being
on liberty.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14621

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ken, Even if I had learned any Japanese I'd have been too drunk to speak or understand it.
Ralph, Now I'm having trouble getting dressed again. Something seems to have enlarged my belly since I quit smoking. I hope you aren't one of those reformed types though. I know how tough quitting is and it was my choice. I have no desire to try to change anybody. If people would have quit hounding me about my vices, maybe I'd have chosen to quit sooner? It is funny that I don't even miss what I used to think I couldn't live without.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14623

• Sal Cedillo
Wes...some sound advice from someone who has gone full circle, I admire that....about the Japanese language, I was on the Cochrane when she was stationed at Yokusuka, and the only words/terms I can recall are something like: "Ohio Giezamez" and "Stinkodesk", the first loosely translated to "Good Morning" and the second term proclaiming "You're freaking drunk" these not necessarily used in that order...Sal

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14624

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sal, In a very recent post I mention being carried back to the ship in Sasebo. I was foolish enough to go back in the same bar the next day. When they laughed their asses off and called me stinko I learned that was Japanese for drunk or something similar. Really, I did know a few words but really shouldn't mention them here. What they were laughing about was they had been serving me glass after glass of saki. These weren't the little glasses saki was normally served in. These were BIG glasses. Maybe they were laughing because I'd survived and was back for more?

Subic 23 years 4 months ago #14687

• schlog
I HAVN'T BEEN TO THIS SITE FOR VERY LONG , BUT I GOTTA SAY YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP . I USED TO THINK THESE HEAD TRIPS OF MINE WERE ONLY MINE AND MAYBE THEY DIDN'T REALLY HAPPEN BUT NOW THAT I READ THE BULLSHIT YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT I REALIZE I WAS REALLY THERE TOO . SASEBO , THE "CAVE" BAR , MONKEY MEAT , JEEP-NEYS , OLONGAPO , CATTLE CARS , SHOE-SHINES AND ALL IT BRINGS BACK A LOT OF SMILES AND GOOD FEELERS . THE HELL WITH BOOT CAMP . I'M GLAD I KNEW A LOT OF YOU THEN AND NOW I'M GOING TO KICK BACK AND THINK ABOUT IT .

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds