Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14258

• Al Koblinski
  • Thank you received: 0
Actually the "monkey meat" was pork barbeque. You can still get it everywhere in the Philippines. One of my favorites. They never did it with chicken. The beer was San Miguel and it is now considered one of the world's best beers. In those days there was the local version in the squat bottles and an "export" version" which I think was the same. It was more of a navy sea story about the "green beer" and the "trots" it gave. I think the trots was more due to eating some strange foods that may not have been all that sanitary.

I think Cooper must have found the "East Inn" the hard way. As I recall, that was reputed to be the nastiest bar in town. I always felt at home at the 7th Fleet Club myself.

"Ski" ETN2 (June 66 to Aug 68)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14260

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
And all these years I thought that the "monkey meat" was cats, dogs, or rats!
Just last nite I was telling my son and daughter about the "monkey meat" and how it did not matter what it was...It was good!

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14263

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
After what we ate and drank, I guess a little chlorine in the water wasn't so bad after all, was it?

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14264

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Coop,

You're really feeling GUILTY about the chlorine, aren't you?

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14277

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It must have been a public service to keep everybody from coming down with anything from the 'Monkey Meat"

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14279

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The beer was San Miguel and it is now considered one of the world's best beers. In those days there was the local version in the squat bottles and an "export" version" which I think was the same. It was more of a navy sea story about the "green beer" and the "trots" it gave. I think the trots was more due to eating some strange foods that may not have been all that sanitary.

"Ski" ETN2 (June 66 to Aug 68)
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I aint buying it. There were many nights that I never ate anything and still got "The San Magoo Shits"

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds