Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Commodore Doty 23 years 7 months ago #14109

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
How bout Commodore Doty on the 66 cruise? Short guy like me..I had everyone believing that he was my "Uncle" and got out of a lot of work details by threatening to "TELL"...then the ward room found out otherwise...OOOPPSS!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14301

• chassny03
I remember Commodore Doty...and you, too. The Commodore I remember best was Rusillo, the radiomen spray painted his passageway while enroute to Pearl Harbor from Wespac cruise (68 probably) but forgot to mask the commodores air vent..he came out to "greet" the painters with paint particles in his eyebrown and nose hairs...He was very happy!!

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14302

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
AS IN CHIEF RADIOMAN SNYDER?
EITHER WAY, WELCOME ABOARD!

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14308

• chassny03
Yes, I was an RMC on Cochrane, RM1 and RMCS, too. Your Chief was Loggins (He died about 20 years ago) and ETCM Tanner. He probably been shot by someones husband by now

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14434

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Re ET Chiefs Loggins and Tanner--
Lest we forget, there was Bob (?) Fluegel, ETC sharing the top OE senior enlisted with "Willie" for the entire '66 cruise. Tanner came aboard as I was leaving in mid-'67 as I recall. He must've made the '68 cruise? When did Loggins, Fluegel leave? If I was there, I've forgotten.

There was a period of mass departures/arrivals as the Cochrane came out of drydock in late summer '67 and went into the experimental BUPERS program where there would be no "shorttimers" on board. That program could be subject for another forum, I expect.

Chief, if you were there '67-'68 or '69, could you elaborate on what happened with that personnel transition? Maybe on a new forum site? Would like to hear others' recollections of that period. (We're getting away from Commodore Doty, here, I'm afraid.)

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14437

• chassny03
What I know about the people of that time probably doesn't require a new forum, but I do remember a mass transfer of people before the 68 cruise. Fleugel was actually a DSCM, ever since I was on Cochrane, the talk of state of the art NTDS system being installed was bandied about. DSCM Fleugel was designated to be in charge of it. Instead of that, he became Chief Master at Arms; probably retired since he already had 24 years. Also, do u remember ET1 Peter Bender(love that name!) and there was an ET1 WHeeler, too(he went to NESEP. The first ET Lpo wasWayne Ware, dunno what happened to him. I was there thru four commanding officers and commodores so saw many crewmember changes, I think there were about 4 plankowners left when I transferred. I retired in 1978, recalled in 1979, retired finally in 1981, live in Niantic, ct. Good to see all you guys keeping up with probably the finest navy ship ever!

Now THIS is a FAR departure from Commodore Doty, but....
I cant make the trip to Brownsville, but would very much like a "piece" of the Cochrane to keep. If the little brass compartment tags are still there, the one for Radio Central would be nice to have. If not, anything from near or in radio central would do. If this is possible, I would appreciate it.
Charlie Snyder

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds