Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14438

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Chief,
I'll see what I can find for you. I also want to get a piece of sickbay, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14439

• kelly metz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
What I know about the people of that time probably doesn't require a new forum, but I do remember a mass transfer of people before the 68 cruise. Fleugel was actually a DSCM, ever since I was on Cochrane, the talk of state of the art NTDS system being installed was bandied about. DSCM Fleugel was designated to be in charge of it. Instead of that, he became Chief Master at Arms; probably retired since he already had 24 years. Also, do u remember ET1 Peter Bender(love that name!) and there was an ET1 WHeeler, too(he went to NESEP. The first ET Lpo wasWayne Ware, dunno what happened to him. I was there thru four commanding officers and commodores so saw many crewmember changes, I think there were about 4 plankowners left when I transferred. I retired in 1978, recalled in 1979, retired finally in 1981, live in Niantic, ct. Good to see all you guys keeping up with probably the finest navy ship ever!

Now THIS is a FAR departure from Commodore Doty, but....
I cant make the trip to Brownsville, but would very much like a "piece" of the Cochrane to keep. If the little brass compartment tags are still there, the one for Radio Central would be nice to have. If not, anything from near or in radio central would do. If this is possible, I would appreciate it.
Charlie Snyder

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14440

• kelly metz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>rmcs, i'll take it and make it my personal responsibility to get u a tag from a jct box or something that says radio central on it. if it is possible i'll do it for ya. kelly metz, rm2 83-85.....int zbz
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
What I know about the people of that time probably doesn't require a new forum, but I do remember a mass transfer of people before the 68 cruise. Fleugel was actually a DSCM, ever since I was on Cochrane, the talk of state of the art NTDS system being installed was bandied about. DSCM Fleugel was designated to be in charge of it. Instead of that, he became Chief Master at Arms; probably retired since he already had 24 years. Also, do u remember ET1 Peter Bender(love that name!) and there was an ET1 WHeeler, too(he went to NESEP. The first ET Lpo wasWayne Ware, dunno what happened to him. I was there thru four commanding officers and commodores so saw many crewmember changes, I think there were about 4 plankowners left when I transferred. I retired in 1978, recalled in 1979, retired finally in 1981, live in Niantic, ct. Good to see all you guys keeping up with probably the finest navy ship ever!

Now THIS is a FAR departure from Commodore Doty, but....
I cant make the trip to Brownsville, but would very much like a "piece" of the Cochrane to keep. If the little brass compartment tags are still there, the one for Radio Central would be nice to have. If not, anything from near or in radio central would do. If this is possible, I would appreciate it.
Charlie Snyder

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14441

• chassny03
Thanks,kelly-would mean a great deal to me. I saw Cochrane once after being transferred: in the Indian Ocean in 1980 when I was on Independence as result of recall to active duty...brought back many memories.

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14442

• chassny03
Kelly, btw zbz5, (I think I remember some of these) And thanks to you,too Coop

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14444

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey Chief Snyder,
How about the KW-7? If that piece of crap is there I'll get it for you ....QRK5??

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds