Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Commodore Doty 23 years 6 months ago #14446

• chassny03
  • Thank you received: 0
Doty,
Which one? They were all not very good. You know to this day, I can picture the entire layout of Radio Central, Crypto Room, and Transmitter Room. Usually the crypto room had a couple ET s there..Kopeiken, Doty, Premeaux..etc.
Kopeiken was at NavCommSta Stockton with me after he left Cochrane, as was Commodore Turner, He was NCS CO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Commodore Doty 22 years 6 months ago #15518

• J C Reynolds
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My appologies to the real Commodore Doty.

Seeing this thread has produced a image of the valiant Dave Doty defying and ultimately sinking the Bismark with a coat hanger. His rendering of the then popular Johnny Horton song punctuated and enlivened the symbolic reenactment. Maybe others will remember this singular (or was it oft repeated?) episode and agree that surely he diserves the honorary degree "Commodeore". Hi Dave, missed you.
John Reynolds, ETR2 '64-'67

Ps This has nothing to do with Commotore Doty; just a convenient point of departure; but then you moderators know your job.

Commodore Doty 22 years 6 months ago #15520

• leathers
John !!!

Great to see your name on the site. We were all wondering what happened to you. You were the subject of several stories at the Brownsville reunion. Sure hope you can make it to Bremerton in August. Look forward to seeing you, and please add more to the forum. You have a wealth of tale's to tell.

Leathers

Commodore Doty 22 years 6 months ago #15521

• J C Reynolds
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm here Jim but a little dizzy after navigating the forum(s).
Would'nt want to defile the thread ... where to go?

John C. Reynolds, ETR2 '64-'67

Commodore Doty 22 years 6 months ago #15523

• leathers
John,

Anywhere that strikes your fancy (or anything else) is OK. Ships Log or Sea Stories are good spots, but Primo, Doty or Cooper will notice you pretty soon, and you'll get no rest. Where are you now, and what are you up to. We live in the Clearwater area of FL, Doty is 130 miles south, and Primo is still in Texas. We all caught up with each other in Brownsville (check the pictures out), so now it's your turn.

Leathers

Commodore Doty 22 years 6 months ago #15525

• J C Reynolds
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jim,
I’m living on the northern edge of the Allegheny National Forest in western PA. Dave has his number posted so I took it as an invitation to call, unfortunately I didnt pay attention to the time when placing the call last night; made his wife happy - not. I did get to talk some earlier today, well ... yesterday, time again. We talked about Brownsville and he directed me to the pics. Wish I could have been there.

Talk to you later, maybe up at Ships Log as I have a question that might fit there.

John C. Reynolds, ETR2 '64-'67

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds