Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 9 months ago #15310

• wilsonle
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys. This unit is what is called echelons above Corps. It makes us rank heavy. Our unit has something like 3 Captains (O3) 10 E-8 and 10 E-9 and 8 Majors (O4), 18 LTCOL (O5) and 8 COL (O6) and 2 Brigadier Generals (O7). It is rounded out with about 50 enlisted in grades of E-1 throuh E-7. My son was impressed when I made Major, but I told him, in this unit Majors just fetch coffee.

FTG1(SW)DDG-21 80-84 / FC1(SW) NRFF-1091 USS Miller 85-87
Major, 32D AAMDC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 9 months ago #15312

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sounds top heavy to me!!!
If Cochrane had been like that we would have rolled over.

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 11/27/2001 16:31:08

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 9 months ago #15321

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Guys:

Been awhile...

Have had my own sort of "active duty" experience of late.

AT 58 ys/o am having closest experience similar to being out at sea for weeks on end.

On Nov 2nd I literally slipped on The Old Bannana Peel. An incredibly freak fall while walking my lady's dog.

Result was a 11 day long improperly diagnosed ruptured tendons in both thighs just above knees. Richard, the unkindest words of all ain't "severe gonnorhea", it's "bilateral injuries." After all, the clap only affects one leg... Anyway, had surgery on both legs Nov. 14 and has been almost 4 weeks now of confinement, monotony and routine, bad food, wake up calls in the middle of the night, an occasional movie, total horniness, broken by daily work routine of less than pleasant therapy (sort of like work details we used to hide from). Also, even a salt water shower would please me at the moment. Both legs in braces for 3 more weeks. Am home now, but still feel like I am out to sea with no hot Liberty Port in sight--just gradual, 1/4 speed cruise across Pacific to my own Peral Harbor's Bravo Piers. Am recovering. I do have a nice nurse, which, I must confess, is a vast improvement over you, Coop. No offense, now. You gave the needle shots better.

Never have had surgery or the convalescent thing before, so am kind of "at sea." Good news is, supposed to fully recover. Hope to see all you guys before many of us take our turns at such a miserasble "cruise." Look forward to hearing some sea stories from some of the younger alumni.

Paul Anuschat, ETN 2 ('65-'67), aka "Raging Bull"

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 9 months ago #15357

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hey Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I've been kind of on Deployment too. Not so much in the military, but I'm a middle school teacher and handling 115 kids at 13 years of age as they're entering Christmas. I've got to tell you, nothing in Afghanistan can compare to that. I'm not at all offended because I would hope you'd like the nurse better than me.

Take care of yourself, and remember the full recovery is the thing you should focus on. I suppose there is someone in the world who had an accident on the same day you had yours, that did not get this good prognosis. Take care.

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15380

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Larry,
Have not heard from Steve, he left for Pearl Harbor to join a command there and seeminly disappeared into thin air.

Paul, Sorry to hear about your accident, sounds pretty miserable to me. Heal Fast and get back on course.

All of you have Merry Chreistmas and a Happy New Year!

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15399

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Don't feel alone Paul,
I am in a cast on my right foot as we type. I also fell only to break my ankle...totally and rip off the ligiments on the other side. Had to have surgery on both sides of foot. I will be in this damn recliner for at least 2 more months.....bored shitless...doing better now as I had Momma move my puter next to recliner so look out Coop, I'll pass you in being loquatious.

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds