Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest Member 23 years 3 weeks ago #15152

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
John, I think you should. They deserve a special section.
I used to have a tape of some dirty little sailor ditties.....nah.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Member 23 years 3 weeks ago #15153

• Sal Cedillo
Ya know Wes....I often wondered why there seemed to be many songs out there about sailors (I mean as opposed to other military outfits)...I guess it's because we're just some kind of special folks. Do you remember "Sailor said Brandy, you're a fine, such a good wife you would be" (I'm sure that's not the title, maybe just Brandy? I can remember ol Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra always belting out sailor stuff also, "Like the sailor said Quote, Ain't that a hole in the boat". GMG Sal

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
John, I think you should. They deserve a special section.
I used to have a tape of some dirty little sailor ditties.....nah.

Wes
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Latest Member 23 years 3 weeks ago #15154

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sal, The song is Brandy by a group called Looking Glass. Yes there are also other great songs. Barnacle Bill The Sailor and Miss VD Of Guam come to mind. Seriously, just about the time Cochrane was comissioned there was a song called Blue Navy Blue or something like that. "My Billy Boy said ships ahoy and joined the naaavey, now I'm blue navy blue and I'm blue as I can be". And so forth. That was by Diane Ranee. For some reason I remember useless trivia like that.

Wes

Latest Member 23 years 1 day ago #15202

• David Melges
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'> Fat Ed,
Maybe you can record all the songs and they can be posted on the web site. I bet the rest of the guys would like to see you in your shining hour as the Royal Baby. I just wish I was already a shellback when I saw you enjoying your Royal position on the 01 level aft. I also remember the tough time SF1 Alexander and you had with the Great Polywog and friends, back by the after kingpost the day before. If anyone would like a picture of Ed let me know, John it's in the 1971 cruise book pages 63-65.

I also remember a few nights in the compartment, in the old canvas bottom racks, there was Bubbles on the bottom, Ripper in the middle and you on top, we all wondered what the pressure per square inch was where the rack met the deck. Nick McCarty was tempted to sabatoge your rack and cut the line but he was to short to reach.

Hope you can make it to the reunion next year in Bremerton.

Dave Melges
LCDR USN Retired

Latest Member 22 years 11 months ago #15210

• EJ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
DAVE..It's great to hear from you. Yea, those pollywogs greased my butt up good the day before. I think that was a classy picture of the Royal Baby To Be sitting on the 01 level. But you know paybacks were hell and many slimy pollywogs had to kiss my big belly. Speaking of Alexander does anyone know his where abouts? I will sure try to make the Bremerton reunion and if I do maybe some old shipmates will help sing those songs. Oh and by the way Dave, I don't remember the Navy doing body fat measurements in those days, so for you to insinuate a few shipmates were overweight without including yourself means the Cochrane did not have any mirrors. Take care shipmate and it is really great hearing from the old crowd and any other shipmates from the Cochrane.
Ed Comes FCCM(SW) Retired

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds