Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Memorabilia 23 years 3 weeks ago #15159

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi There Steve, and all other st types that may read this- Sorry but the space you mentioned had over a foot of water standing in it due to (I think) both domes being crushed when they shoved the old girl up in the slip that they cut her up in.(that space below sonar control- dont know what it was during your time, was a space for stashing food stores and the messcook's rope smoking lounge while I was on her...anyway it was full of water to the point that it was all the way up over the hatch going down to it.) The office was deeper than my welding boots I was wearing, so I didn't go in that one. Glad to know that the little "fridge" space in that duct was still being used for such after all those years! I did go thru all the cubbyholes inside the switchboard, and was that $100 bill I found there yours? Just ID it, and I'll gladly return it next reunion! :o) I checked under all the deck plates- yall did a good job preserving them as inspite of all the standing salt water, there was no rust at all! Alas, no more cool stuff was stashed beneath them...Were you part of the crew that glued the boards over all the screens and glass covers on the Stack and 114? I wanted the glass plate off the 114 that had those magic words "DEPTH CHARGE" on it, but couldnt get the damn thing opened! Anyway, take care, mates, and have a good one!

Marc Tuton STG3,Uss Cochrane jan 74-sept 76- "The pearl of the Pacific" STG2 USS Glover, nov 76-nov79,"The Cow Killer"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds