Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 20 years 4 months ago #15933

• Andrieu
  • Thank you received: 0
I am interested in seeing my old shipmates. On May 5, 2005 it will 30 years since I and the 74-75 crew left Vietnam waters. It is my opinion that if I want a reunion I should do it myself or it will not happen.

Therefore I am proposing to do some plannning if there is enough of an interest and of course money paid in advance to secure facilities. As all who sailed with me remember I was from New Orleans, LA (Bill Andrieu ETNSN) but now live in Arlington, TX. I have a better chance of getting facalities here in the DFW area as opposed to the out of town.

Be advised all crew members would be welcome regardless of when then served aboard the U.S.S. Cochrane (DDG-21). However I must admit I I am looking forward to seeing all those I knew way back when.

Please be advised I am willing to do a great deal of work for this to happen, but will not do all the work.

The purpose for this posting is to determine if there is an intererest and to recruit (what an ugly word) assistance in the production of this event.

In additon to having meeting at a hotel we could get a corporate box at a Ranger Baseball Game.

I am proposing the weekend of June 11, 2005 as the date for the reunion. May 5, 1975 we left the waters of Vietnam and May 5, 2005 would be 30 years later. The reason for making it in June is kids will be out of school and families may turn the reunion into a vacation too.

Please let me know what you think!

Sincerely,

Bill Andrieu (ETNSN 1974-1975)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 20 years 3 months ago #15936

• kelly metz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i live at canyon lake just down the road from u. my brother lives in plano....i served 83-85 on ddg-21...i would come to dallas.....

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 20 years 2 months ago #15942

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dallas/Ft. Worth a good air hub. Doesn't sound like much interest, but I'd sure consider a trip if I could swing it in Sept.-Oct.-Nov.

Haven't been on the site much. Like others I expect, I have lost the muse for sea stories, temporarily. Wish there'd be some more chatter. Life's too short not to see a bunch of guys I misspent my youth with before they get too old to hold their pee.

My #2 son (youngest) has been gone just over a month and a half to Army Basic training at Ft. Benning GA. I couldn't convince him of the foolishness of his decision over the Navy or even Coast Guard. He worried about getting seasick.

(Hell, I never got seasick. That, and downing the sauce, were my main qualifications as a sailor. Never could tie knots for s--t. We had some doozies of storms during my tenure as 2nd generation crew member '65-67. My first time out after boarding Cochrane in Yokosuka, we hit typhoon Trix. Even the old Chiefs got nervous.)

Anyhow, Alex, my #2, has the testosterone at high rpm and could not be reasoned with. He's too big to use physical pursuasion on, anyway. So, now I dream at night of him and me going thru boot camp together at Great Lakes. Some nights are better than cable TV.

I am willing to help on any reunion, if I can. But I think the phases of the moon, the planets and the stars all gotta be in perfect order.

Paul Anuschat, Portland OR ETN2 '65-'67

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 20 years 2 months ago #15947

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi There Bill!I remember standing alot of quarterdeck watches with ya, and great to read your words! Damn, cant fathom trading "Nawlins" for Arlington...but no doubt you had good reason. I still live in that town to your east, Dallas, and would be delighted to do it again. Count me in, budz! :-) That Cannon Cocker extraordinare with the flying red Caddy Sal would show up to no doubt!( still wish I coulda taken one of the 5" 54's as a souvenier from our trip down to Brownsville and the first re-union! :-) ) Marc Tuton

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 10 months ago #15983

• Dan Metsker
Most of the posts are those that served after my time (Commissioning crew), but if it gets set up-what the heck! Dallas is only 10 hours from Kansas City--Dan

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 10 months ago #15984

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
We had a reunion a couple of years ago, and it was fantastic seeing old friends again after many years. I think I would be interested, and would hope some older guys like me would be too. Of course, part of the wonder of the last reunion is that we had the Cochrane there with us. We can't do that, but it would be great.

Richard Cooper
HM3 65-67

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds