Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 9 months ago #15986

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bill Andrieu:

Any action on this thread for an '05 reunion? (I am still not paying enough attention to the Site.)

Doesn't look like a lotta IC chatter. Are you getting feedback via personal email? Life is long enough, but still pretty short-like other anatomical features. If I had some notion of a tentative date, could better respond.

Paul Anuschat
Portland OR, ET ('65-'67)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 6 months ago #16042

• steve kehoe
  • Thank you received: 0
Bill I am game for it, sound's like fun. Long way from Wisconsin. But I am alway's up for a winter vacation in the South Let me know What date you are planing this shindig.I sure would like to see a few more of the Golden Snipe's from that era. Served 74-76 after fire room BtFn Kehoe One of the orignal Golden Snip's

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 6 months ago #16062

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Ahoy ye mates! Seriously, how many of you would be interested in another reunion here in this neck of the woods? I dont know crap from shinola about putting one together, but would be willing to do my best if folks are interested. One thing for sure- we all had a ball at the first one! marc t.

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 6 months ago #16069

• steve kehoe
Just though that I would check in to see if Was any response on reunion. I just can't beleive there isn't more of a response ro this forum.It would be a sad reunion with only four or five of us there.Is there no one else interested in this. I for one would think it would be fun. I'm with ya Marc

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 6 months ago #16072

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Am still up for reunion.

A tad discouraging that so few from my era are tossing in a line or two on the forums. Whither the interest mates?

My youngest is now with the Army Airborne in Alaska, pending overseas deployment. The dreams continue at night. (See preceding post). I am less and less puzzeled in the dreams as to why a 62 year old would be called back for sea duty. Sometimes he is with me, reporting for duty.

My other ship, Lynde McCormick (DDG-8), couldn't hold a candle to Cochrane/"Shipbuilder" (anyone recognize <u>that</u> name?), but the McCormick has a local, Portland OR shipmate and fellow ET, who has singlehandedly kept some esprit de corp alive for that hull. A noble deed indeed.

Let me know if anything ever materializes. I will try to help and to attend.

Maybe we need to form a reunion cell?

Paul Anuschat, '65-'67

Cochrane Reunion in Dallas-Fort Worh Area in 2005 19 years 5 months ago #16078

• JAMES SLAYTON
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Paul Anuschat</i>

Dallas/Ft. Worth a good air hub. Doesn't sound like much interest, but I'd sure consider a trip if I could swing it in Sept.-Oct.-Nov.

Haven't been on the site much. Like others I expect, I have lost the muse for sea stories, temporarily. Wish there'd be some more chatter. Life's too short not to see a bunch of guys I misspent my youth with before they get too old to hold their pee.

My #2 son (youngest) has been gone just over a month and a half to Army Basic training at Ft. Benning GA. I couldn't convince him of the foolishness of his decision over the Navy or even Coast Guard. He worried about getting seasick.

(Hell, I never got seasick. That, and downing the sauce, were my main qualifications as a sailor. Never could tie knots for s--t. We had some doozies of storms during my tenure as 2nd generation crew member '65-67. My first time out after boarding Cochrane in Yokosuka, we hit typhoon Trix. Even the old Chiefs got nervous.)

Anyhow, Alex, my #2, has the testosterone at high rpm and could not be reasoned with. He's too big to use physical pursuasion on, anyway. So, now I dream at night of him and me going thru boot camp together at Great Lakes. Some nights are better than cable TV.

I am willing to help on any reunion, if I can. But I think the phases of the moon, the planets and the stars all gotta be in perfect order.

Paul Anuschat, Portland OR ETN2 '65-'67
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds