Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 10 years 5 months ago #16715

• bobby
  • Thank you received: 0
I was on board for the 1969 Westpac and we were in Da Nang harbor many night for Hand I fire for the 3rd Mar Div. During the day we were up and down the coast for NGS for the Marines and Army and at night sea detail and H and I in Da Nang.  A fellow Navy VVA member just got the USS Canbarra (Crusier) designated for Blue Water  Agent Orange. I have checked many time and Cochrane never appears on the list of ships for AO. Fortunately I have none of the effect at this time but others who served during that cruise may. Has anyone from the 69 cruise tried to get the Cochrane recognized for service in and AO area and what is the results. I may not always get to this site as often as I should but you can contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 763-202-5531. R. L. Bobby RD2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 10 years 2 months ago #16729

• orchiditis2000
Shipmates,
Here's information from the Cochrane's decklog I just acquired from National archives. Danang Harbor: 3/9/68- Anchored from 0756-1852 at #24 mooring bouy. Nha Trang Harbor: 3/26/68- Anchored from 1709-1907. I have copy of the log. You can contact me at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you need a copy.

Ron Cablay SD3 (1964-1969)
HMC (USN-Ret)

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 9 years 11 months ago #16734

• tlavizzo
I was on the 1968 & 1969 WestPac cruises, in 1999 I had my 1st heart attack, then in 2005 and 2009, and I have 12 coronary stents, Type II Diabetes diagnosed this past march, I applied for Agent Orange disability in 2013 and in 7 months was approved at 60%, and upgraded in 2014 to 70%. This month I received notice from the VA that that my compensation would be severed, because NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND. I have contacted my VFW VSO to get a hearing. Now I wait for this to come about.   

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 9 years 9 months ago #16736

• J Fryckman
Been getting letters from National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP). Appears they are the legal group working all the Agent Orange claims with the VA, especially claims like ours. The are hard to get a hold of, but the best contact seems to be Erin L Thompson. She can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or (202) 621-5705.

Jim

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds