Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 11 years 5 months ago #16684

• AlfredoLH
  • Thank you received: 0
What yr did you stop at Da Nang Harbor, We also stopped in 68 and I have had Cancer 3 times and currently have Multiple Myeloma Cancer of the blood plasma. Would like to see the log. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 11 years 4 months ago #16688

• tlavizzo
I have found a some letters that I had sent to my mother, dated March 1968, August 6, 1968 and July 3, 1968.
The letters indicate the The Cochrane was in Da Nang Harbor. I have also put in for benefits for exposure to Agent Orange - 3 heart attacks 9 stents.
You also can see pictures of the Ship in DaNang in the '68 & '69 Cruise Books, which I used for documentation.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 11 years 4 months ago #16689

• flyrod
On Sunday 24 AUGUST 1969 We departed Danang Harbor after being anchored at Point Carrol Vung Danang in six fathoms of water.At 0211 we departed for naval gunfire support of first marine division.            On monday 4 August 1969 we were anchored in Danang Harbor in six fathoms of water firing at various targets.0528 underway for gunfire support ops. obtained from deck logs at College Park Md,National Archives.      Robert Friend  1967,68 and 69.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 11 years 3 months ago #16690

• summerjamz06
  I remember Chief Rice. He was a Sonar Chief. I was STGSN at the time, and was on Mess Cook duty, so I remember Chief Rice being kept in reefer until his body was taken ashore.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 10 years 10 months ago #16706

• hargro1954
I remember Chief Rice, I was the one who found him when I went to wake him up for his watch, I found him in his bunk I can't remember what day it was, but I do  remember that it was sometime in 1972

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 10 years 10 months ago #16707

• hargro1954
Regarding Chief Rice, I remember finding him in his bunk when I went to wake him up for his watch, and found that he had passed away peacefully in his sleep,  as near as I could tell. I remember reporting that to my Chief on watch, he then went to Chief Rice's bunk to confirm that he had passed away. And I do remember pulling into the harbor to bring him Ashore. I also remember that it was in 1972 but do not remember the month or day 

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds