Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: 01OCT1980: The 104 Vietnamese Refugees 13 years 5 months ago #16582

• sunrise1sunrise
  • Thank you received: 0
i remeber that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 01OCT1980: The 104 Vietnamese Refugees 13 years 4 months ago #16586

• andyanderson
  • Thank you received: 0
mr.hunyh
  yes i remember the day we picked up people in the south china sea.oh my god i have just gotten goose bumps.I remember our captain R.D.Tucker and the concern on his face when hearing of those peoples condition on board the 3 small boats that had all those poeple.that event happened at the begining of our tour of well, a long mission and that rescue set the tone for our entire cruise .I think our Capt. was also frustrated at the treaty our govt. had with viet nam at that time.and worried that we may not be able to pick up and rescue them.So we (the Capt.)or someone devised the plan that if the boats were in trouble.with the threat of sinking then we could help. so we took all people on board then set thier boats on fire so to look like.the boats were in distress.I LOVED it that we could pick those people up being tricky.The Drama of that day will live in my heart for ever.As well as many other acts of Humanitarianism that i got to witness.I remember one of the Electronic guys had a guitar.And playing tom pettys song "you dont have to live like a refugee".And i remember that no one would drink our milk.only water.I remember they had one compass for the three boats and conditions were bad for them.I thank a Loving GOD who placed the right people for the right job that day.AMEN Boatswain mate 3rd Anderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds