Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EQUATOR CROSSING 18 years 10 months ago #16152

• RTS39
  • Thank you received: 0
Now that I think back with all that roast (BOOTLEATHER) beef we had nearly every night hey maybe the chute could have been a change and just maybe for the better! All I know is my eyes were still full of that what ever it was from that stinking baby that I never seen coming. I wonder if it was that relative bearing grease I never have found????????? RUSSELL SEAMAN And the rest speaks for it self.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EQUATOR CROSSING 18 years 10 months ago #16153

• STG2 Green
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was a part of the great wog rebellion before the June '85 crossing. My partner Frank Ambio and I were known as the "invisible wogs." We were the perpetrators of gluing the door shut to the 1st Class mess, numerous shave cream attacks throughout the ship and various other forms rebellion. We would leave a calling card at each scene, "Courtesy of the Invisible Wogs". One particular wog "TM3 Trent Chipman" caught hell during the ceremony because all of the shellbacks were convinced he was the invisible wog. I don't think anyone ever found out that Frank and I were the responsible parties.

Steve Green [}:)]

EQUATOR CROSSING 18 years 9 months ago #16154

• RTS39
WELL HERE I SIT IN CAMP VERDE I GUESS I AM NEVER GONNA GET OUTTA THIS GOD FORESAKEN PLACE. NO JOB ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS AND I AIN'T EVEN PAID RENT AND GOT NO MONEY FOR ANY PRESANTS FOR MY KIDS. YOU'D THINK A GUY WOULD BE FEELING PRETTY SORRY FOR HIMSELF AT A TIME LIKE THIS BUT (SORRY BOUT YER LUCK) I GOT THE GREATEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD AND THEY LOVE ME TO PIECES AS I DO THEM. I AIN'T LOST IT SO MUCH THAT I CAN'T REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES AND THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST SO THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES AND YA'ALL HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS NOW THATS AN ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RUSSELL SEAMAN MMFA X 2 OR WAS IT 3 HMMM CAN'T REALLY REMEMBER '78 TO '80.

EQUATOR CROSSING 17 years 11 months ago #16230

• krauss_brat
My father is the old Mr. Krauss you all are mentioning. He came home from that cruise with lots of stories and he still talks about that equator crossing. He is not great with a computer so I'll be printing this forum and sending it to him. I'm sure he will get a kick out of it.

He is now living in the Las Vegas area.

Much aloha...[:X]

EQUATOR CROSSING 17 years 9 months ago #16234

• J Fryckman
Remeber that crossing in 1971. First time and I still have my card! I don't think the ship did any page 13's or certificates that I remember. Many years later on the USS Independence in 1988 we brought the INDY around the horn of South America and there were 90% wogs on board to maybe 10-15% trusty shellbacks. That was a lot of work!

EQUATOR CROSSING 17 years 9 months ago #16236

• krauss_brat
<font face="Book Antiqua"></font id="Book Antiqua">

From: Bob Krauss, CWO4, USN, Ret. (aka, Grand Pupa & Neptunus REX)

Re: '79 SouthPac Equator Crossing

VIA: Krauss_Brat

Shipmates:

Thanks for remembering me the day prior to crossing and the initiation. Of all the crossing I've made (about 8-10), The Cochrane's '79 crossing is most memorable. I've talked to current sailors and with 'ladies' aboard, the initiations are not the same. I WONDER WHY?

There was only one payback and that was the next day of those I recalled/noticed. Paybacks are SOB! The first 25% of my home is devoted to Navy memorabilia. There is two enlarged photos of my tar & feathering hanging on the wall. The crossing and the ports visited are imbedded and shall never be forgotten....NZ & AUS...ooooooRAH!

To all: Thanks, Take Care & God Bless....Ole Bob

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds