TOPIC:

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14585

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Did you happen to tape it Steve?

MM2 83-85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14586

• chassny03
  • Thank you received: 0
I cant remember the signalman's name either, I can picture him, but name escapes me. If you could see enough of the bow in the Costner movie, the other 21 was England and was a "double ended" frigate, so if you could see a gunmount, it was definitely Cochrane, if launcher, was England, if neither, we ll just assume it was Cochrane. Many crewmembers were involved in the filming of In Harms Way. They mostly ran up and down hills, they told me. I remember TORA TORA TORA, too. The Radford and Renshaw were in it a lot. They had to make plywood guncovers, I remember, to make them look "WWII". I thought they were very crude covers, but in the movie, looked very authentic.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14587

• chassny03
Shoot! my mind is definitely going..I am now thinking England was dlg22, the dlg21 was Gridley, but it still was a double ender, no gun forward, double terrier launcher instead

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14590

• Steve Camacho
No, I didn't think to tape it.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14596

• David Melges
  • David Melges's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
<font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'>Cochrane was in several Hawaii 5-0 episodes the most notible was the opening show of the 1975-76 season. McGarret is doing his active duty time and is on a Knox class frigate and is told the admiral wants to see him on the Cochrane. His stand in is high lined to Cochrane and they then show him back on the bridge of the frigate again. After the high line sceen was shot and the double was being sent back to the frigate the line handlers "dipped" him.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14604

• wilsonle
I have a copy of that episode. We showed it a little at the Brownsville re-union. If I ever quit traveling so much I will get it digitized. But I have to see about Copyrights.

CPT(SW) Wilson

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds