Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 4 months ago #14691

• schlog
  • Thank you received: 0
i WAS IN "I HARM'S WAY" . THEY NEEDED VOLUNTEERS SO I WAS ONE OF THEM . SO WAS LYLE (JOE ) MARQUARDT AND SEVERAL OTHERS OF US . SEEMS THEY PICKED US BECAUSE WE WERE LATE COMING BACK FROM LIBERTY . (SAVED US FROM THE "MAST" ) .IT WAS 1965 AND FILMED IN OAHU .1965 . WE SPENT THE DAY THERE , GOT TO PLAY marines HAD LUNCH WITH JOHN WAYNE , KIRK DOUGLAS AND MAUREEN O'HARA .GOT TO SEE HOW MOVIES ARE DONE , GOT PAID $10.00 FOR THE DAY AND GOT A W-2 FORM AT THE END OF THE YEAR . I LOST MINE BUT YOU LOSE A LOTTA SHIT AFTER 5 WIVES .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15053

• mars21
I just saw "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner. I took a good look at the ship. It was on for almost 10 seconds. I looked for the bull nose. and checked the bridge and the hull number "21" Im sure it is the Cochrane.
I think the movie will be on Encore movie channel through July.

"turn 2" continue ships work.

Edited by - mars21 on 07/05/2001 09:10:47

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15054

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
There was definitely a gun mount in front of the bridge, not a launcher...(chassney03)
Then I thought I saw two gun barrels, but don't think that's right at all...those went away long ago...
But I fell asleep before the credits...

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15055

• mars21
I saw the scenes after the bow shot. the first view was clear. when the forward lookout was washed over board they did show a double barrel gun mount. Those scenes were done on a set. That was a fake forcastle. Kevin Costner was washed towards the "bits" ( Did I remember the right name?) you know, Mooring "bits", anyway.....the damn things moved when he hit them. The deck was too smooth which led me to believe it was a set. But the ocean scene with the ship steaming... That was all Cochrane..

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15056

• mars21
There was another movie I saw a few years ago. It was The Final Countdown. It was about this Aircraft Carrier that went through some time warp and ended back before Pearl Harbor was attacked.
In the begining of the movie they show ships pier side and I think one of the ships was the Cochrane. This movie was made prior to the ship leaving to Japan.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15060

• Sal Cedillo
Miguel....I should say so....I mean that the Final Countdown movie was made before the Cochrane forward deployed to Japan. I was in the 8th grade when my dad took me to see that flick. Martin Sheen with the pooch that traveled through time, and everyone had to decide, whether, or not to change history by using up to date jet fighters to annialate the Jap fleet....I'll have to rent that VHS sometime to see if I can spot Ol #21. GMG Sal

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds