Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Video of the Cochrane 23 years 7 months ago #14117

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
JOHN,
I have some "super 8's", but no projector to see what's on where. If memory serves me correctly, there are some of a missle launch, mt 51 firing, some from inside mt 51. Probably some unreps and phantoms landing on the Enterprise...

Also have some audio tapes that have CIC, the gun mounts, fire control, and the spotter on shore calling in with drops and adds, lefts and rights..."Shipbuilder, you're on target, 5 rounds, willie peter, fire for effect, over". Now where they are and if they are thru printed from not being unwound for 20 years...who knows.

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Video of the Cochrane 23 years 7 months ago #14119

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Horace
Get those 8mm's converted over to VHS and get them to me. I have enlisted my nephew's help in the conversion of the other tape. He is supposed to be all done so maybe I can get over there and pick it up. I still have some editing to do on it but maybe I can get it up on the site soon.

Video of the Cochrane 23 years 7 months ago #14144

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
OK guys...I picked up the CD with the video on it today. It looks better that the original. My nephew did some color voodoo stuff on it. Now I need to cut it up into manageable pieces. It is 60 megs big and I dont know what I am doing yet. Bear with me, I will get them up as soon as I can. My nephew, Jimmy, builds web sites and is currently working on an interesting project. He is building a site for the USS St Lo. Go and check it out www.stlomidway6365.org/ but he is still building it. He is checking out our forum to get ideas as to what topics are of interest. He even has a link to the Cochrane...guess I better put up a link to his. Thanks Jim for the video.

Video of the Cochrane 23 years 6 months ago #14203

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
John,
I found my gunfire tape, but cannot find my Akai 1800SD reel to reel....working on finding a reel to reel to get it to cassette...
Also found the gunfire film from 1968...but no super8 projector...working on "back dooring" the conversion...seems they want 76.00 to do 50ft....might have to take a course at the local college...it would probably be less expensive..

Video of the Cochrane 23 years 6 months ago #14206

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Horace,
Yeah, got rid of my Akai reel to reel to, If you want some dollar help on getting some tapes made let me know think I could kick in some.
Ken

Video of the Cochrane 23 years 6 months ago #14207

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Waiting on a call from a friend who teaches at Brazosport College...while I'm trying to remember where I stored the tape recorder and the other reels of film...I think they are at my parents. It's against my religion to pay to have the film converted...Thanks for the offer!

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds