Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Database Upgrades 23 years 6 months ago #14249

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Do make the Admin as easy as possible! esp. if we do some of the things that you mentioned in the reunion post.
Would be nice to show the plank owners, speaking of which I got a scan of My plank owners certificate, it is not going to be dead on the same colors but real close. I am have it put on CD. E-Mail me your add and I will mail it to you along with some other things on disk. That way I wont try and e-mail 3 ft by 6ft. pics.
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Database Upgrades 23 years 3 months ago #14870

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Well it has been awhile but I made some progress on this issue.

The plank owners now show up in the crew list. If I knew who all was a plank owner I can make the changes to the database now. If I had an idea if the last date that someone could be a plank owner, I could change all records within a certain date range. Maybe you plank owners can help me out.

You can also see the total number of crew members signed up in the database now. This will make it easier to keep track of new signups. I could easily make another view of the database so you could see the order that people signed up if anyone would find that useful. That way you could view the last crew members to sign up. Let me know and I will do it.

MM2 83-85

Database Upgrades 23 years 3 months ago #14916

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
John,
Anybody who reported aboard before the date of commissioning is considered a plank owner

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Database Upgrades 23 years 3 months ago #14922

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
And to confuse the issue, some of us are claiming different dates. I claimed the month we were commissioned when actually it was at the same time as nearly everyone else. Some are also claiming their entire navy service including boot camp. Would it be better if we all re entered our information?

Wes

Database Upgrades 23 years 3 months ago #14923

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As far as service aboard the ship esp. for commissioning crew I would say that it would include any time that you were assigned to the crew by orders even if the orders included some school time. This would effect some of the Plank owners who were assigned to the ship but were assigned to a school first for systems training.
Time should end when you were given orders and checked off the ship.
Time in service should have nothing to do with ones status as a plank owner, or service aboard.
If you were aboard the day of the comissioning or were ordered to report to the ship before the day of comissioning, then you should be a plank owner.

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Database Upgrades 23 years 3 months ago #14927

• schlog
  • Thank you received: 0
John , you say the plankowners now show up but I don't see mine . Also there are several others that should be checked . Anyone who was already assigned to the ship prior to commissioning and stood in the rain on that cold , wet day in Bremerton while all the brass gave their speeches and other mindless bullshit is a Plankowner .

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds