Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Posting Ship's Pictures 20 years 3 months ago #15939

• Michael Gray
  • Thank you received: 0
<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="6"></font id="size6">John, you have done a great job with starting and maintaining this website for all us former crewmember to enjoy. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say thank you very much. Now I was just wondering if there is a way that we could post pictures from the Cochrane, such as ship's parties, cruises, etc. to the site for all to enjoy and help bring back some of those great memories we all have of the "old girl".

Mike Gray HTC USN Ret.
Cochrane HT3 1977-1979

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posting Ship's Pictures 20 years 3 months ago #15940

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Mike:

The site does not have that capability at this time but it is something that could be added in the future. There is a way to set up a new page that would allow everyone to upload their own pictures to a database. I think that this is what you are asking about and I do know that it can be done......in theory. I am not sure if I can do it though but I can look into it further, time permitting

My next big project is to rework all of the picture pages and post many new ones that ex-Cochranites have sent to me over the past year or so. That is the only way right now to post new pictures but I have not had the free time to keep up with them.

If anyone has the ability to upload a picture to the internet, they can link it in a post to this forum. That is done by clicking the "insert image" button while posting a message. That will put (img)(/img) on the page (with brackets instead of parentheses). Then you insert the exact URL or the image between those two tags and your image will appear in the post, kinda like this post www.usscochrane.com/ddg21/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=299 . Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds