Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: "Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" 4 years 10 months ago #16773

• gregg@teambts.com
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks so much for this post. It will take many of us to make headway with the VA on this topic.

Good job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: "Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" 3 years 4 months ago #16796

• J Fryckman
Can't find it, but someone a while ago, within the last 6 years posted a copy of the deck log when COCHANE pulled into Da Nang for the day in 1972. Can't find it on here.

Jim

Re: "Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" 3 years 4 months ago #16797

• gregg@teambts.com
Hi Jim,

I too have an interest in the deck logs since I served on the Cochrane from December 1970 to mid November 1972. The National Archives told me they are working on making them available, but it can still be months off. My response was in February 2021 and they stated they are in the process of scanning them all for easy access. My first ship, the Herbert J. Thomas was much older and I received the deck logs from her electronically so I believe them.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in December, filed with the VA in December and the VA accepted it as service connected, agent orange in March 2021. If my letter would assist you, or the letters from my doctors would, I am happy to share them with you.

Greg Goettsch
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
303-818-3647

Re: "Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" 3 years 4 months ago #16798

• J Fryckman
Was On Cochrane late 70 to Jun 74. I did find the copy of the deck log when we pulled into Da Nang Nov 1972. Don't have any issues yet. Looking to get "my foot in the door" so to speakin case anything comes up. Thank you for the offer. Jim

Re: "Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" 3 years 4 months ago #16799

• gregg@teambts.com
If I saw you from back then I might recognize you. I am happy you have no issues and applaud you for being pro-active on getting your papers lined up. Get a good Veteran Service Officer, VSO, and most counties have one.

Let me know if I can help.

Have you ever heard of any reunions for this ship? I've not, but would be interested.

Re: "Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" 3 years 4 months ago #16800

• J Fryckman
Thanks. I did have one, a former HMCM, but he retired. He was connected with the OR state VA. Just got from the VA the Nehmer Response so filling out paperwork to respond to that.
Jim

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds