Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cochrane items on Ebay 22 years 10 months ago #15284

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I just found a 1974 - 75 Cochrane cruise book on Ebay. The auction ends 09 NOV 01. If anyone is interested, take a look at
cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1481467933

MM2 83-85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cochrane items on Ebay 22 years 10 months ago #15292

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
How about a COCHRANE zippo lighter. Ends nov 12. cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1029224436

MM2 83-85

Cochrane items on Ebay 22 years 10 months ago #15293

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
have two of them ....still in the box...

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Cochrane items on Ebay 22 years 10 months ago #15299

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Aloha, yall! I just had my first e-bay experience... Most all my Cochrane memorablia went up in smoke when my house burned down a number of years ago. The Cruise book John mentioned above was for a cruise was on, so I thought Id try to replace mine that the fire had consumed.I had the lead aparently till about a few moments before bidding closed, and someone else put a bid in for a wee bit more. So I guess the way to work e-bay is wait till the last final benedictions before you even bother bidding!Those of you that are e-bay vets, pardon me for boring you, but those that havnt done it before, just thought Id offer that suggestion. (An aside... if that book was embossed with EW2 Boynton, did "Crash" pass on? I cant think of any other reason one would sell off something like this.(Ill never forget that 900 Kawasaki he rode, with the flagpole and American flag the sixe of a sailboat sail from the luggage rack...) Any clues, mates?

Cochrane items on Ebay 22 years 10 months ago #15300

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Marc, Go back to Ebay and read up on proxy bidding. That way you won't get shot out of the water by a sniper if you really want something bad enough to risk paying a decent price for it. If nobody tries very hard to out bid you, then you don't have to pay what you were WILLING to pay. Just as much as was needed to win. I've been shot out of the water a few times and now I always use proxy bidding if I really want something. Some bidders (snipers) wait until the last seconds to bid against you. You are relaxed, you have bid low, no one has challenged you, you are thinking you got it for a song and a sniper slips in and gets it for a quarter more than what you bid. Too bad you lost out on what may have been a once in a lifetime find.

Wes

Cochrane items on Ebay 22 years 10 months ago #15301

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Me again Marc, Maybe you were outbid by someone else reading these posts? Maybe an old shipmate bought it and will be generous after reading how you lost yours.

Wes

Time to create page: 0.774 seconds