Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

More old log book. 23 years 7 months ago #14037

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Seems like I have had some posts on the old ships log. I dont know but I think some search engines were finding it and I never disabled it after I made the switch to the new forun. It is disabled now and here are the posts that were there.

Boy did I blow it. I found that I had left a live link to it on the home page. Guess I cant blame it on the search engines.
John

Edited by - John Freeman on 02/12/2001 20:50:52
The topic has been locked.

More old log book. 23 years 7 months ago #14038

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hey crew, I was on her from 65-67. The boiler had to of blown on the 65 tour cause it didn't blow in 66. HM Cooper, you gave me an "I pee painfully" card compliments of Subic bay and a sweetie. 66 was the year we dubbed her "The Cochrane Tiger". Many fond memories and good times. Always good to hear from any of you...thanx for the site John. Dave Doty ETR3, A.K.A. "Minnow" 31 Jan 2001

More old log book. 23 years 7 months ago #14039

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I served on the Cochrane as a snipe in "Bravo 4" after engine room and made it to upper levelman,,had many a good times onboard her,and many ports I will never forget, or the shipmates that served on her with me,,it gave me goosebumps to see pictures of the old girl. Bruce 01 Feb 2001

More old log book. 23 years 7 months ago #14040

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello again,,my name is Bruce E. Rick and I served on the Cochrane as a MMFN in after engine room between late March of '75 to Nov. of '76 made two west pacs with her,,GOOD ole P.I. and also was aboard her when we were off the coast of Viet Nam during the Fall of Saigon,she was even involved in the show "Hawaii Five O" in the summer of '75 she was a proud ship,, Well take care fellow shipmates of the USS Cochrane P.S. To all former Bt's of the Cochrane,,sorry about saltin up the evaps those couple times,hahahaha What can I say,hahaha Sorry 03 Feb 2001

More old log book. 23 years 7 months ago #14041

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
DC1 Serio, I'm at ATG West Pac in Yokosuka, Japan. Just a few weeks ago I ran into old ship mate who is in Hawaii, he said he sees the old girl every day(I'm jelious). I asked him to try and get some photos. MT 51 & 52 have the barells removed, she dosen't look as good as she should. Being on the Decom crew was a hard thing to do, we had her ready to serve another 26 years 6 months 11 days. As a DC-men I stood Sounding & Security, which was merged with BT/MM cold iron watches. It was strange to walk across the mess deck and here only my own steps. If the bulkheads could talk I'm sure the weold skeak of thousands of sailors that gave them life. The stories of P.I. they would tell.
08 Feb 2001

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds