Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Old Log Book 23 years 7 months ago #13968

• Admin
  • Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My name is Salvador A. Cedillo. I was a GMG3 on the Cochrane from '83-86. I stood duty Gunner's mate (Security Alert Force) in port and aftersteering underway. I was also mount captain for the 5" 54 Mk 42 Mod 9 Mt. 53 on the aft end of the ship While deployed with her each of the 5" mounts received Battle Gold "E"s with hash marks stars to go along with it. Many a time we did some Hellaish gun fire support in the P.I. I wish all my previous shipmates fair winds and following seas in all their endeavors. Sal Cedillo

19 Jan 2001

The topic has been locked.

Old Log Book 23 years 7 months ago #13969

• Admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Damn,love this page, Sure do miss the girl. Sad she is going to the cutters, but no one could ever take the great memories I had on board the gray lady. She was a proud ship and always had an excellent crew from her commisioning to her decommisioning. Seeing the photos of her on this web site is great, especially the aft engineroom my home for 3 years. I hope we all can stay in touch here, and maybe someday have a COCHRANE Reunion! Tom Fleming.
24 Jan 2001

Old Log Book 23 years 7 months ago #13970

• Admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In May of 1988 as a young DCFN reporting onboard the Mighty COCHRANE, the ship's crest was explained to me. She'll work you like a horse, beat you like a dog, and feed you like a pig.
DC1 (SW) Serio 13May1988-01Nov90
24 Jan 2001

Old Log Book 23 years 7 months ago #13971

• Admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The photo must have been taken after '66 because the new air search antennae is on for the SPS-40(?). Good looking and good riding ship. Ken BRown ETN2
24 Jan 2001

Old Log Book 23 years 7 months ago #13972

• Admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey John, This is a great site you created, I have a cruise book of one of the crusie's I made 72-75, if I can find same I'll lend it to you for scanning. I had "A" gang my 1st cruise on her, then later we recieved a MMC. Jerry D. Toney, EN1, USN Ret. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 10926 Majuro Drive, Jacksonville, Fl. 32246-2441, (904)641-5354
24 Jan 2001

Old Log Book 23 years 7 months ago #13973

• Admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Glad to see this site up and running. The old girl is in the Inactive ship's Facility at Pearl Harbor. Would love to hear from any and all old shipmates.
24 Jan 2001

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds