Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ronald D. Tucker 16 years 9 months ago #16309

• bob
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently spent the night on the Battle Ship New Jersey with my son's Boy scout Troop, while touring the Captains in port cabin I noticed a poster that had the names of the Admirals and the co's that served on the boat. The last captain to serve was named Ronald D.Tucker any chance that this is the same flamboyant fellow that I had the pleasure of serving under. Anybody out there know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bob.

Ronald D. Tucker 16 years 9 months ago #16310

• fugated
Bob,
Ronald D. Tucker did serve on the New Jersey as the CO. He also served on the Cochrane as a young Ens. as the 1st LT.,and the XO and later as the CO.
If I'm not mistaken.
Dan Fugate

Ronald D. Tucker 16 years 9 months ago #16311

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Bob,
Indeed it is one and the same.
Man, what a career, eh?
Conclude it with sitting in the right hand seat on the bridge of a BATTLESHIP!!
And not "just any" BB, but the New Jersey, Bill Halseys' Battleship. What a piece of
floating history...
mt

Ronald D. Tucker 16 years 8 months ago #16316

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I remember him very well when he was an Ensign. Since this is a public forum I'll refrain from saying more.

Ronald D. Tucker 16 years 8 months ago #16320

• David Melges
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, this is indeed a past commanding officer of USS Cochrane and the originator of WETSU. He had this stenciled on every trash can on the Pearl Harbor base when he was the CO there, visiting sailors and others often thought it was Hawaiian for trash (most also thought mahalo meant trash too). I was aboard for his tours as XO and CO, in fact he was responsible for my being commissioned as an LDO. During his tour we (DDG-21) won nearly every award possible including the Battle E.

Ronald D. Tucker 16 years 1 month ago #16369

• RTS39
GREETINGS ALL;
WELL FOR WHAT ITS WORTH TUCKER BECAME CAPTAIN A SHORT TIME BEFORE I GOT OFF THE SHIP. WE HAD JUST FINNISHED AN OPPE AND WE HAD DONE FAIRLY WELL AND HE CAME DOWN IN THE HOLE WITH A COUPLE OF HIS LITTLE CRONIES AND HE WAS WALKING PAST ME THEN STOPPED AND SAID "SO YOUR SEAMAN I HAVE HEARD ALOT ABOUT YOU". I JUST STOOD THERE LOOKING KINDA STUPID CUZ THATS STILL ONE THING I DO RATHER WELL. ANYWAY HE ASKED IF THEIR WAS ANYTHING HE COULD DO FOR ME. NOW ME AND A COUPLE OF OTHER GUYS HAD GOT SOME BEER AND A BOTTLE OF THE GOOD STUFF AND LIKE THE AIRHEADS WE WERE JUST CLIMBED OVER THE BUNKER THERE IN PEARL AND STARTED GETTING SMASHED AND WITH THAT VERY LOUD SO HERE COME THE SP's AND BUSTED WE WERE. WELL THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO DO AA MEETINGS. SO WHEN ASKED I SAID SURE THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO FOR ME AND I TOLD HIM THE STORY AND SAID I DIDN'T FEEL I HAD A DRINKING PROBLEM AND DID NOT WANT TO GO AND HE SAID "WELL THEN DON'T GO" TOLD ONE OF HIS BOYS TO WRITE THAT DOWN AND AWAY HE WENT. I NEVER WENT TO ANOTHER MEETING AND NEVER HEARD NOTHING ABOUT IT SO I THOUGHT HE WAS PRETTY O.K. IN MY BOOK. SO THEIR YOU HAVE IT AND THATS THE TRUTH. THX RUSSELL SEAMAN MMFA X 2 '78-'80.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds