Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HIstory of her Gold Bullnose 18 years 1 month ago #16219

• Kevin
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am Kevin Howe and served with her 76-80 as a BM3 in first division with some of the meanest bastards in the navy..;).
As best as I can recall the reason We kept her bullnose painted gold was because when they laid her keel and finished her up, she came out to be one foot seven inches longer that she was supposed to be, Hence the gold nose..
Kevin Howe BM3
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kevin.

HIstory of her Gold Bullnose 18 years 1 month ago #16221

• Bill Velto
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Darn right, not only some of the meanest, but nastiest I ever met...but would have fought to the death for any one of them. Kevin good to hear from you...what ever happened to Buddy Waggoner or JJ Johnson or Jerry Suydam? Any idea?.

Bill Velto
Biggest trouble maker on the Deck!

HIstory of her Gold Bullnose 18 years 1 month ago #16223

• Michael Gray
  • Thank you received: 0
Kevin and Bill, the only really mean BM that I remember was maybe BM1 Shaw, now nasty might describe most of the BMs. Just kidding! Remember that the majority of the guys in deck were a bunch of really great guys. Was pretty good friends with quite a few of them, including the three that you mentioned Bill. Remember Jerry with that shaggy red beard of his. And went to my first mast onboard with Buddy, but that's another story! Think I recalled it in an earlier forum. Was also good friends with another BM, but old age has distorted my memory. And for some reason can't recall his name. But the name "Tim" keeps popping up in my head. Maybe you two can help me out here. He's pictured in the photo of the 1st Div. party you all had in P.I. The picture's on page 114 of the "79" cruisebook. And he's the one sitting down in the first row wearing the ballcap. He's right in front of you Bill. If either one of you remember his name, let me know. Also Kevin, I recall your name but having a hard time putting a face to the name. Get back to me if your pictured anywhere in the cruisebook, so I can remember who you are. Until next time, you both take care.

Mike Gray HTC USN Ret.
HT3 77-79

HIstory of her Gold Bullnose 18 years 1 month ago #16224

• Bill Velto
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mike,

His name was Dave and his last name I think was Wismer or something that sounded like that. I also wonder what ever happened to Scotty from Waltham Massachusetts, that boy could drink and Chuck (last name I can't remember). You are right Tommy Shaw was pretty nasty...but he ended up being a good guy at the end of my tour. Back to work...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds