Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cockroaches 19 years 6 months ago #16070

• steve kehoe
  • Thank you received: 0
As long as nobody else seem's to have any thing to write about. I have a story for you. It's about a new BTFN on board the Cochrane When he reported aboard he was taken to the aft sleeping quarters and told to find a rack to sleep in. Well it seemed that the only rack's open were on the bottom. so he set up on the bottom bunk after about a week he noticed that he was getting small sore's on his arm. Didn't think much about it untill one day he went up to the head after light's out sat down on the stool and felt a stinging on his butt got up and guess what fell in to the toilet. Yes it was a cockroach lifted the lid and there was about two or three of them on there. Never new them little bugger's bit to this day I still slam the lid before I sit down. Oh yea about the sore's on my arm, well it seemed that when I went to sleep my arm fell out of the rack and fell on the floor. Yes they were also cockroach bite's It seemed they were feeding on me when I slept. That is why very few shipmate's slept on the bottom rack( as I was told later) any one top that story I now present you with a dare to top that one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cockroaches 19 years 5 months ago #16080

• Michael Gray
Steve,I do seem to recall there being roaches in Engineering Berthing. But can't say that I ever recall being bitten by one,especially on the backside. So I have to say, I can't top you on that one! I do recall also the occasional gecko being brought into berthing, which might explain why I never got bitten by the cockroaches. Good story none the less.

Mike Gray HTC USN Ret.
Cochrane HT3 1977-1979

Cockroaches 19 years 5 months ago #16085

• steve kehoe
Hey Mike; Never Thought of Geko's sound's like it would have been a good idea,put the bite back on them. I know we used to bait them with toothpaste in the aft head and torch them with butane lighters I guess we had a little to much time on our hand's Steve

Cockroaches 18 years 11 months ago #16132

• Ellis Dee
you wanna talk about biting roaches I remember one night you and I were sitting under a tree beside the bryce and we sat down in a swarm of those big ones you remember they were about the size of a half of a dollar bill had both of us jumping when the S P's saw us jumping around and came over for a look I remember the rest of the night went down hill from there
what do you remember?

Cockroaches 18 years 11 months ago #16133

• steve kehoe
Well let me see..........I seem to remember that we were sitting by the soda machines. and the night cost me some money and alot of time on the ship with some extra work so that I wouldn't get bored How did I do Steve

Cockroaches 18 years 11 months ago #16137

• Ellis Dee
yup and I still owe you
I still think about that and wince at how I let my mouth get you in trouble with them
If I didnt say it enough then well hows this
"I AM SO SORRY DUDE"
How ya been?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds