Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Captain Shanahan's 1st speech 23 years 4 months ago #14704

• schlog
  • Thank you received: 0
HEY WES , THAT FENDER I BOUGHT WAS PURCHASED IN JAPAN I THINK . MY OLD MEMORY IS PROBABLY NO BETTER THAN YOURS . IF YOU THINK IT WAS SUBIC , SO BE IT . ANYHOW "LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD" IS STILL ONE OF MY FAVORITES . THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Captain Shanahan's 1st speech 23 years 4 months ago #14740

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey Pat,
Remember me talking you into playing my "rock & roll" tape for one day? God, I thought I was going to have to walk the plank for disrupting ship's business. I still rock and roll, mostly roll with my beer belly...You still hookin & strippin for the phone company? I'm still with Sprint, matter of fact, I'm hard at it as we speak!

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Captain Shanahan's 1st speech 23 years 4 months ago #14748

• schlog
Hey Dave , how's good ole sunny Florida ? I did a little stint down there for a year or so (early 70's) . Lived in New Port Richey (it was during the big gas crisis) and was doing contract work for GTE in Hudson . Used to raft the Crystal river a lot . Yea , I'm still stripping and hooking but after they gave up 12-cord and went to ty-raps most of my work is done with a Laptop plugged into a system . let the younger ones do the blue-orange-green-brown-slate shit .

Captain Shanahan's 1st speech 23 years 4 months ago #14751

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hey Pat, was that you who showed the flicks. I appreciate it very much, especially after seeing "Donavan's Reef" for the 37th time. I agree with you that for many years I almost wondered if I made all of this stuff up in my head. Trust me when I tell you that when you get to Bremerton and listed to all of our bullshit, you'll realize that all the stuff you've been remembering really happened, even the stuff that is too strange to really be true. I also remember the shot lines, When we were aboard last month, I saw the door and the walkway to the weatherdecks that you guys all stood in. I can't believe how long that line really was. I remember one snipe got the dose so many times that nothing we had would help him. The Navy finally gave up on him and took him off before he exposed the entire Phillipine Islands with some terrible strain of the stuff. He kept laughing about it, but after a while we didn't and neither did the old man.

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 05/11/2001 20:39:33

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 05/11/2001 20:43:47

Captain Shanahan's 1st speech 23 years 4 months ago #14754

• schlog
Hey Coop , i remember that guy too . he got a strain of clap that noboby had ever heard of before so they hi-lined him off and sent him to who knows where . probably for the better tho , cause y'all didn't have anything that could help him anyhow . even your cure-all (g-i gin) couldn't help . i heard he went to the LEPER island on one of those little islands off OHAU

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds