Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adams May find home in JAX, FL. 16 years 10 months ago #16296

• Ken Keeler
  • Ken Keeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is the latest concerning the Adams, please donate if you can, would be nice to save at least one of these ships.

A 501(c) (3) Non Profit Organization

ATTENTION ADAMS CLASS DDG VETERANS

As our ACVA Jacksonville Team continues to work on acquiring city approval, now is the time we need your support to begin the preparation of the Ship Donation Application to NAVSEA. Wayne Misenar, Bert Watson, Roger Perkins, ACVA Jacksonville Team, and Jim Aldrich with Bob Branco, Directors ACVA City Search, are working hard to make our dream a reality.

We need financial support from the Adams Class Ship Associations and individual ACVA members to obtain the engineering services for the analysis and planning required to prepare the berth, marketing surveys and ship museum organization business plans to gain approval for USS Charles F. Adams DDG-2 to be sited in Jacksonville. The estimated cost for the preparation of the Ship Donation Application is $100,000 and we have until March 31, 2008 to complete and submit these items to NAVSEA. We are also working to obtain corporate sponsorships from the companies that built these great ships and from those who made the hulls and manufactured the hundreds of engineering, weapons, and electronics systems and supply parts that were used on these ships allowing them to serve and steam the world’s oceans for over 30 years.

We need your help to make this happen. We request you coordinate your ship organizations and make your own individual donations of support. For those working for companies with Matching Gift Programs we strongly urge you to obtain your Matching Gift Form and submit it with your personal donations. Since ACVA is a non profit charitable organization all donations are tax deductable. All donations should be made via check payable to ACVA, or by pledge commitment and should be sent to:
Dave Myerly
ACVA Executive Secretary
5 Bush Road
Denville, N.J. 07834

We will continue to keep everyone advised of our progress in Jacksonville.

Thomas E. Crosser
President - Adams Class Veterans Association, Inc.

ADAMS CLASS SHIPS
DDG-2 USS Charles F. Adams DDG-10 USS Sampson DDG-18 USS Semmes
DDG-3 USS John King DDG-11 USS Sellers DDG-19 USS Tattnall
DDG-4 USS Lawrence DDG-12 USS Robison DDG-20 USS Goldsborough
DDG-5 USS Claude V. Rickets DDG-13 USS Hoel DDG-21 USS Cochrane
DDG-6 USS Barney DDG-14 Buchanan USS DDG-7 USS Henry B. Wilson DDG-15 USS Berkeley DDG-23 USS Richard E. Byrd
DDG-8 USS Lynde McCormick DDG-16 USS Joseph Strauss DDG-24 USS Waddell
DDG-9 USS Towers DDG-17 USS Conyngham DDG-22 USS Benjamin Stoddert
Royal Australian Navy German Navy
HMAS Perth DDG-38 Zerstörer Lütjens D185
HMAS Hobart DDG-39 Zerstörer Mölders D186
HMAS Brisbane DDG-41 Zerstörer Rommel D187

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adams May find home in JAX, FL. 16 years 10 months ago #16297

• Paul Anuschat
  • Paul Anuschat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for reminder, Ken. Hope you are well and enjoying life in the great outdoors.

Myerly/Adams Class email is:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Shipmates: Please consider sending them a donation. A few gus like Myerly or John Freeman or Portland OR neighbor, Dave Newham, at my other DDG-site (DDG-8, Lynde McCormick) put in more time and energy than I could muster to keep monuments and memories afloat.

We all, at one time or another, had a big stake in them.

I really appreciate these efforts of others. Their goals/agnedas seem more and more important as I get, I hope, a bit wiser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.009 seconds