Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

We the only Adams Class with no reunions? 15 years 6 months ago #16430

• TomFleming
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all!  I was wondering why the Cochrane does not have reunions. There seems to be a lot of shipmates registered here. And most other Adams Classe ships have reunions. Let's do one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: We the only Adams Class with no reunions? 15 years 6 months ago #16431

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Tom:
There have been a few attempts in the past but they always fell through before anything happened. With the exception of Brownsville, we have never had a reunion. Although we do have an association, it is not active. It seems that no one has the time to commit. And it is a very large commitment that requires a lot of time and I do not fault anyone for not taking it on. Maybe someday some retired crew members will step up and get everything rolling again. It is all I can do just to keep the website maintained let alone do everything else.

Re: We the only Adams Class with no reunions? 15 years 6 months ago #16436

• TomFleming
John, I do appreciate all you do for this web site. If there is something I can do to help I will. I am not that computer savoy, but I would be willing to put in donations to help you maintain this awesome site. I also understand that it is hard to commit, but maybe someday I would love to get together with ex Cochrane shipmates and share some old sea stories and have a few brews. Funny though one of my co-workers was on the Adams DDG-2 we always talk about the Adams Classes and really hope the Adams ends up in Florida! Then that would be a good place to have a reunion someday!

Re: We the only Adams Class with no reunions? 15 years 4 months ago #16440

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hey John (and all else intrested),
Our need for one with lots of time on thier hands for such things as this was almost filled. 2 weeks ago, I was offered early retirement from my gearhead job @ the post office. But with only 21 yrs in, the pension would be aprox. Mcdonalds& no more insurance. With the torpedoing of my TSP last fall, you know the rest. :(   (just not enough Pesos to keep the San Magoo flowing)  
Ya know the Brownwood event was such an outstanding experience, (I have the brass "night light" from A/S berthing still doing its job in our bathroom  ;D  )  it will be a pretty hard act to follow, donchaknow!!
 So PLEASE, if anyone else has the time and energy to pull a re-onion together. alot of us would appreciate the h**l out of it!
...and Bill Andreu, thanks alot for your effort a while back!
  MT, boot 3, STG

Last edit: by Marc Tuton.

Re: We the only Adams Class with no reunions? 15 years 3 months ago #16455

• TomFleming
As all have mentioned, it is a great undertaking for a reunion. I know it is hard for any one person to pull something like this off. Hopefully someday we can pull this off. I am sure that we would all have a hell of a good time. I am looking at crews list to contact some of the names i remember after all these years. Would love to get together with some. I do have a thought though. I am a member also of Tin Can Sailors and they always have there 3 or 4 times yearly Bull Sessions in a state which is always by a Naval ship memorials. i have read that some crews get together and  hook up with these Tin Can Sailors get togethers. Maybe we can do something like that??

Re: We the only Adams Class with no reunions? 15 years 1 month ago #16477

• J Fryckman
Yes, it would be nice. The Tin Can Sailors Association is very active and maybe "running" on their coat tails and having a side session of COCHRANE Sailors would work. We all need to join them and then attend their Bull Sessions & annual convention, which in 2009 is August 23-27 in Portland, ME.

A little too late for me this year.

www.destroyers.org/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds