Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Crew members '86-'88? 19 years 7 months ago #16035

• Rich
  • Thank you received: 0
Looking for any crew members aboard from '86-'88. Anyone else serve aboard the Benjamin Stoddert also?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Crew members '86-'88? 19 years 6 months ago #16053

• steve kehoe
How bout any hole snipes from 74-77 Is the rumor true are we a dieing breed What happened to the golden snipe's of that era.I Still remember when Ens Theis picked the MM's over the BT's On the P.E.B exam's just out of Subic Bay And of course the BT's won a night on the town care of Mr Theis Of course Dyke picked the BT's I will never forget his speech to us He said he picked us ,Because he could never figure out why any one would want to be a BT. We won Then he put that plack on the hatch over aft sleeping berth about "Here is the home of the golden snipes" AH yes the life of a Boiler tech

Crew members '86-'88? 19 years 6 months ago #16055

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
For what it's worth, my heart always went out to you both for doing your job in such hellish conditions. I hope you all have a VERY GOOD air conditioner at your homes now to make up for roasting aboard our ship while keeping us making knots! (Hand salute! Ready...Too!) Have a cool one on me! Just tell the barkeep to put it on my tab... <;-) marc

Crew members '86-'88? 19 years 6 months ago #16057

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Do I get to put a few on your tab too Marc????

Crew members '86-'88? 19 years 6 months ago #16059

• steve kehoe
STG3 Marc Tuton Ah yes I now remember How could I ever forget I may be old ,but I still remember some of your old joke's (not really) Did not hang out with you in Subic but I do remember you kept us all laughing all the time. About the air conditioner I just moved to the frozen tundra of Wisconsin cool enough. I have even found myself wishing for the heat at time's mostly in Jan or Feb. It is good to hear from someone from my old day's from the 74-75 wespac era

Crew members '86-'88? 19 years 6 months ago #16061

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Steve! Thanks for the kind words!And a tip of the flat hat to ya. :-) I was up in Minneapolis, Mn at the Otto Bock Prosthetics lab for a week last winter. While this aint Wisconsin, it was indeed quite the winter wonderland compared to the mild Texas winters I am used to!(read: I shoulda packed my Long Johns!!!) :-) As for you, Mr. Freeman,Always considder the bar tab open! :-) marc t. PS. anybody heard from Don Reed lately? I miss his postings alot! Hope he aint in IRAQ now, given his status with the Guard!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds