Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Muster Call 83-85 Cochrane Sailers 13 years 9 months ago #16561

• jim burchell htfn
  • Thank you received: 0
htfn james burchell .  served oct 84 to may 86 . r division . came on right before emergency pullout too . went to tokyo and got back to find an empty berth where a ship was supposed to be. got reamed by chief baker over that .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Muster Call 83-85 Cochrane Sailers 13 years 8 months ago #16565

• TomFleming
Ahoy Nelson Boyer! I was aft engine room "78"-"81" We painted that damn engineroom from top to bottom, and yea we were the best engineroom! best ship, and yea outrun anyone!!! When we were finished painting that engineroom, spray painted everything!!! It looked brand new down there! Capt. Tuckers jaw dropped when he came down the hole! loved it.

Re: Muster Call 83-85 Cochrane Sailers 13 years 7 months ago #16567

• tmm_1109
SK3 McLain arrived onboard before home port change and transit from Pearl Harbor HI to Yokosuka Japan in S1 Division...many good times for the memories aboard that ship...left an SK2 in 86.

Re: Muster Call 83-85 Cochrane Sailers 13 years 7 months ago #16568

• DERRICK BURNS
yes i was there bt derrick burns, 5104550633  check me out on facebook

Re: Muster Call 83-85 Cochrane Sailers 13 years 7 months ago #16569

• elsquid
I had 2 engine at that time.  We had just docked after a REFTRA? or something similar and everyone headed out to get beers. I had the duty and was the only engineroom supervisor on board. It was going to get lonely down there with no relief so I had John Freeman's number and cancelled his liberty so he could get underway with us. He must have forgiven me for this as I have visited his house since then and he is doing fine out there in Fernway. Then again, so am I here in Florida.
Larry Toews

Re: Muster Call 83-85 Cochrane Sailers 13 years 6 months ago #16570

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Actually Larry I had completely forgotten all about that. Must have blocked it with other bad memories from the Navy. The older I get, all I can remember are the good times. Now that you refreshed my memory, I do recall this and how I thought about you at the time but I wont go into that right now ;D.

You are welcome at my house anytime my friend. Stop by and we can catch up on some of those beers that you kept me from drinkin' back then. Oh, by the way, you're buying. Glad to hear that you are doing OK.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds