Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bowman 23 years 6 months ago #14488

• sailorson
  • Thank you received: 0
This may be a backwards way of approaching this but...
For lack of a better way of posting I will post here. My father (Jim Bowman, Lt J.G.) was one of the original plank owners. He served his tour on the 21. I am trying to nudge him into going down brownsville, but he is a bit jumpy about trying to leave his business for a day or two. Maybe if a few old buddies gave him an additional nudge? If he doesn't make it down, I would love it if one of you could get some piece of the ship for him. According to him his duties included cryptography and logistics, perhaps something appropriate. I am sure some of you have good idea's. (I think he told me once he lost/forgot the combination to the ships safe for the payroll, later had to keep it written down on his desk or something, maybe the dial of the safe would be good)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bowman 23 years 5 months ago #14506

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I remember Him, I was one of the first QMs aboard and I remember him as Payroll officer.
We would love to have him come down to Brownsvile.
If not will look around and see what I can get for him.
Ken Keeler

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Bowman 23 years 5 months ago #14507

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sailorson,
get your dad signed into the crew list with an E-M or at least a telephone Number

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Bowman 23 years 5 months ago #14508

• chassny03
I remember ltjg bowman, too. He was a cryptographer and disbursing officer. I seem to remember one of the disbursing officers losing safe combination, but did nt know it was him.

Bowman 23 years 5 months ago #14509

• sailorson

Sailorson,
get your dad signed into the crew list with an E-M or at least a telephone Number

Sorry, I should have put that in. Home phone is (316)241-5278 (evenings). No current E-Mail address, thats why I'm checking the site for him. I appreciate any effort of getting something from the ship, let me know if you succeed, and we can make arrangements for delivery. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I don't have all the details for putting him in the list - start and end dates mainly.

Re: Bowman 14 years 10 months ago #16495

• jimbowman2
Talk about toooo weird! I am Jim Bowman, I was on the USS Cochrane from 82-85. Sorry I'm not the one you are looking for (I was an ET2 in radio). What are the odds of 2 people named Jim Bowman on the same ship? ;D

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds