Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14310

• chassny03
  • Thank you received: 0
Bogstad and I made chief together, Cdr Shanahan was my defense counsel. What a fool I was, I actually thought he was on my side.
Charlie Snyder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14311

• chassny03
ooops, forgot something: Bogstad had a girlfriend who followed him everywhere he went. I think he met her in Great Lakes, she was in Bremerton and Pearl with him...and you are right!! he was a little sloppy

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 4 months ago #14689

• schlog
HEY CHASSNY03 , LIKE I SAID EARLIER ON THIS THIS SITE I AM NEW HERE BUT AN OLD COCHRANE VET . YOU JUST MADE SOMETHING CLICK IN MY HEAD WHEN YOU SAID "OLE BOGSTAD" HAD A GAL THAT FOLLOWED HIM TO HELL AND BACK . I REMEMBER HIM AND I GODDAMN REMEMBER HER ALSO . IF EVER THERE WAS A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN IT WAS THAT PAIR . FOR CHRIST SAKE , NO ONE ELSE WOULD HAVE EITHER ONE OF THEM , BUT GODDAMMIT THEY WERE PART OF "OUR" FAMILY AND I'LLLOVE EM BOTH TILL THE DAY I DIE !!!!!!

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 4 months ago #14697

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I actually ran into Bogstad somewhere in Michigan. I was in the Naval Reserve and they needed a corpsman up there for a weekend. They flew me up there, (I lived in Cleveland, Ohio at the time) and lo and behold there he was. I think I remember his girlfriend too.
I want to tell you that I actually like Bogstad when we were all aboard. He had his moments, but compared to a couple of officers aboard and a chief corpsman, old
Bogs was a good guy.

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 4 months ago #14815

• chassny03
Just went back and read some old stuff:
QM! Lepak-Married, wife Dorothy(Dot) one son, from Michigan(I think), hung out mostly with BTC Seder(they pushed boots together in great lakes, i think). I played cards with him quite a bit-good sense of humor, but could get moody at times. Dont know where he is now.
I made a mistake on the crew list, i left Cochrane in Oct 68, not 69, tried to correct it but now on the crew list twice. Only been typing for 45 years, so you can see why I would make this mistake.

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 4 months ago #14818

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Chief,
We can overlook your typographical errors because I can tell by reading what you've posted that you're still the very good guy I remember. Doesn't matter if you got off in 68 or 69, Cochrane was still lucky to have you aboard.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds