Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Break away music 19 years 5 months ago #16084

• David Melges
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Then we moved on to Hawaii 5-0 by the Ventures, no lyrics for that one but you can listen to a midi of it at

www.softcom.net/users/pohara/webmusic.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Break away music 19 years 5 days ago #16129

• Sigtx
  • Thank you received: 0
I was on the Cochrane from 77-80. I remember "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet as our break-away tune.

Break away music 18 years 8 months ago #16158

• SM3
The Hawaii 5-O theme still played '85-'88.

When McCarthy came aboard in '86 he tried a few that didn't stick and we went back to it. He was more successful with grafics. Ship jackets saw their Cochrane heraldry replace with a Jack and Ace on the 21 theme. The ASROC covers were painted as beer caps featuring the beers of WesPac: Sapporo, San Miguel, etc.

Break away music 18 years 7 months ago #16165

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Howdy there Shipmates! (...been a long time since last posting- our 'puter took a torpedo early last fall that took out the Outlook Express program that was required to respond to our site. Finally it has been patched,plugged, and dewatered enough to work again! ( hey, Im a gearhead', not an ET!!) [:)] Anyway, beer caps on the Acroc launcher covers[?][?][?] Mercy! I can't imagine such individuality being tolerated by the command while I was on Cochrane! One of my fav memories of individuality while I was on her was a helo that used to vertrep us on Westpac that had "Slipping The Meat To The Fleet" painted in good sized letters across its bottom side.I still laugh at that one, and even the ex grunts and fly-jocks I work with bust up when told of that one. I sure hope all of yall are doing great, and I wont be such a stranger since completing said D/C repairs! marc tuton

Last edit: by Marc Tuton.

Break away music 18 years 6 months ago #16173

• gironpaul
We played "I think I'm turning Japanese" when we were on our way from Pearl to Yoko for the homeport change.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds