Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipyards 77-78 19 years 10 months ago #15981

• Jones
  • Thank you received: 0
That was a long ass yard period, especially since I checked onboard as a new boot the first week she went in to the yards. But we had some fun times living in those barracks next to the Marine Club and liquor store. The Marine Club even had lunch time strippers......had a few long lunch hours back then. Anyone remember "mad-dog"....i dont remember his name but we use to party in the parking lot outside the barracks...that dude was loud and solid as a rock. Got a ton of stories....i'll share later.

SHCS ret Robert Jones
SH3 USS Cochrane 76-79

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Shipyards 77-78 19 years 9 months ago #15987

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Where was '77-'78 yard period? Tell us some more.

I spent the '66 (was it '66 or '67?--things are fogging up...)yard period at Pearl Harbor with the Storekeepers inventorying ships repair parts, etc. in a warehouse away from Cochrane--on IBM puch cards no less! One of best details I ever got in on. Kept me off of watch list. I remember FT1 Joe Cahill and SK Chief Pelayo ran a smooth and pleasant operation while we had some long "nooners" of our own at the Block Arena and summered at the beaches, when we were reasonably sober.

Paul Anuschat, ET ('65-'67)

Re: Shipyards 77-78 14 years 6 months ago #16512

• rodsmine
The '77-78 yard period was in Pearl Harbor. The grunts removed all of the window screens before vacating the barracks for us to move into them; the mosquitoes had a feast for a couple of weeks.

Rodney Copeland, ETR3

Re: Shipyards 77-78 13 years 2 months ago #16596

• Jones
Yeah those mosquitos were terrible. Everyone had a mosquito net over his rack unless you just reported onboard, if so, you got eaten up pretty bad.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds