Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

South -Pac 1979 20 years 2 months ago #15954

• bt3adams
  • Thank you received: 0
My name is Mike Adams BT3 1975-1979 hi to all. I need to replace my shellback cert can anyone tell me the date and points we crossed the equeator ( the first time lol) i would welcome input thanx in advance

BT3 Michael J Adams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

South -Pac 1979 20 years 2 months ago #15956

• Michael Gray
Mike, we passed the equator on 28 Jan. 1979 at latitude 0000, and longitude 166 degrees 00.0 West. Glad to help an old shipmate out!

Mike Gray HTC Ret.
HT3 1977-1979

South -Pac 1979 18 years 1 month ago #16218

• Kevin
Yea I remember that one Well..heh...Got my ass whupped with those fire hose straps..and kissing the royal baby was Rough ;)

Kevin Howe BM3
First Division
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

South -Pac 1979 18 years 1 month ago #16222

• Michael Gray
Kevin, think most of us that were onboard that day remember that day very well. If you recall, the majority of the crew were wogs, and the crossing the line was almost an all day affair. Myself, I tried hiding
out awhile in DC Central so I could get some sleep. Thinking that I wouldn't get interrupted. Had just gotten off the 00-04 DC Central Watch, and figured I'd just climb up on the plotting table to get some shuteye. Well turned out not to be a very good idea on my part!
Had just fallen off to some must needed sleep, when the next thing I know GMG1 Mumphrey comes slamming open the DCC door looking for wayward wogs. Darn, and I thought they wouldn't find me for awhile! Next thing I know, I'm stripping right there in Central. Dungarees on backwards, and my skivvies on the outside crawling around on the floor like a roach. Then our early morning saltwater shower on the forecastle, and kissing OSC Hamm's lard lathered gut. What a great day! But wouldn't trade that memory for anything.

Mike Gray HTC USN Ret.
HT3 77-79

South -Pac 1979 17 years 1 month ago #16281

• RTS39
I STILL WONDER WHERE THE HELL THEY GOT THEM STOCKS NOW THAT WAS A TRIP. WOW AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I CAN STILL REMEMBER THEM QUITE VIVIDLY AND STILL DON'T KNOW HOW I DIDN'T BLOW CHUNKS. RUSSELL SEAMAN MMFA X 2 '78 TO '80. DOWN IN MAIN CONTROL.

South -Pac 1979 17 years 1 month ago #16286

• DaveK
I remember that Southpac and the crossing the line ceremony very well (It was my first deployment). The port visits in New Zealand and Australia were a blast!! I remember the Royal Baby's (OSC Hamm) humongous belly too, the things we did...sheesh. Just a little FYI. I've run into Mack Gaston at several conferences. He gets a big smile on his face when I bring up those "Sea Stories" from that Southpac.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds