Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

71 cruise 20 years 5 months ago #15915

• Ralph Best
  • Thank you received: 0
can anyone tell what part of the Vietnam coast we were off of on the 71 cruiise and the approx. dates
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

71 cruise 19 years 8 months ago #16008

• fred
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ralph! As we approached the coast for the first time, the sun was ready to go down and there was an arc light in progress. Tall black clouds across half the horizon. That was on the DMZ I believe. We brought Chief Rice into Da Nang just after the second(I think) trip to Kaosiung. That movie of the incoming was off of Vinh(I think). Does anyone remember that huge truck convoy on the beach that got away while we waited for the airforce to get to the scene?

More importantly, who were those girls we were playing "truth or order" with down in wikiki. That was bizare. All things were cool until Tall one says,"Quiet, That guy out there is my dad and he is looking for me cause I ran away from home". I look out and there is a guy scanning the street. He's like a 7 foot tall version of Alafatuli. For the first time in my life I thought there was a real possibility of me getting killed. Great times... Was it Lisa?

Remember when Dag Dag dropped a bullet down the foc's'l ladder? I heard every bounce on the way down just waiting for it to blow. Adak Alaska was a gas. I thought we were gonner's in that storm. On one roll we were 52 degrees over and hung so long I thought we would go over on the next wave.

But what great expiriences!!! If I could do my life over, that part would stay.

Keep the faith, Fred Dick ETN-2 West Pac 71.

Last edit: by fred.

Re: 71 cruise 13 years 8 months ago #16564

• ralphbest
  • Thank you received: 0
  It was a great time wasn"t it

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds