Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Feel at home 21 years 2 months ago #15821

• dcreed
  • Thank you received: 0
I already tried with the recruiter. He told me that I'm too set in my ways, too fat,and too old. Besides that, these new fangled Destroyers have some sort of engine like them areoplanes have, called a gas turbine, no more nice hot steam. I vouleered that I have plenty of gas, but that was already on my Form DD214 and was the wrong kind. They said they could work around the stubborn, fat and old, but just couldn't see their way to reenlist a stubborn fat old FART. There was nothing else to do, so I left him a sample (gas that is[xx(]) and rode off into the sunset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feel at home 21 years 2 months ago #15822

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
At least Old Salts still have the memory cells intact. Life in the hole doesn't seem to have done that much harm. You remember better than I.

Will have to refer your list to my agent. Have hired one to deal with recruiter for me this time around, get it all down on a contract--just like the pro athaleets. Am advising all the kids who are contemplating service to do the same.

Have forwarded your copy to my stepson who was on DDG-55, USS Stout, out of Norfolk till he got transferred to Bahrain. Hope it generates a laugh or two from the new breed of salts--if they can still read. I know they can't do code any more.

Paul--ET, '65-'67

Feel at home 21 years 2 months ago #15823

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Don, That was hysterical! No doubt it was on that hot-rod made in America V-twin you rode off into the sunset on! Thanks for the laughs! Paul- good plan! Let us hope the newbies can indeed appreciate. By the way, how can we have kids old enough to be in the Navy now??? [:0] Still pedaling? marc tuton

Feel at home 21 years 2 months ago #15824

• dcreed
Absolutely Mark, The only rice burner that I own is my dirt bike. Kinda developed a respect for those V-Twins. Excepting the V-Rod, they are a pretty simple pushrod engine. With a little care you can get a horse and a half per cubic inch and still have a pretty good degree of reliability. They are about as much fun to work on as they are to ride. My garage doesn't have nearly enough room for a 1200 psi plant, so I'll have to be content workin on Harley Davidsons and small block Chevys.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds