Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adm Jack Shanahan 23 years 6 months ago #14405

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I watched it and the paper was wrong..nothing maritime at all..Pissed me off...I hate Sam & Kookie

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adm Jack Shanahan 23 years 6 months ago #14419

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Doc, Where did you see Capt. Jack on Mar. 7? I can't see his name anywhere

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Adm Jack Shanahan 23 years 6 months ago #14425

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Dave, I was it on members at the top right hand corner of the forum. They have him listed as a new member, and I'm wondering if he did it or one of us did it.

Adm Jack Shanahan 23 years 5 months ago #14571

• chassny03
Some things about Cdr/capt/adm Shanahan
1. He was the best motivator I have known. His fantail speeches were inspiring, especially when he compared whoever was alongside so unfavorably to "us"
2. He was an outstanding ASW guy. ASW requires many wholesale frequency shifts. He insisted on being the first on the new freq, if he called and someone was already there to answer him, he didnt like it much.
3. When he make Captain, the cpo's invited him to lunch at the club. We had bought him his first captains hat and an megaphone (remember he was known as Screaming Jack)When Master Chief Fluegel presented the hat to him, he said "Captain, we didnt really know what size" So the captain tried it on, the bell rang and he was stuck with a round of drinks for wearing his hat in the club. He pulled out his wallet and said 'By God, I cant think of anyone I'd rather buy a round for' He had a social thing that night and showed up late and a little drunk. He blamed us for that. A fine CO!!!

Adm Jack Shanahan 23 years 5 months ago #14572

• dcreed
I agree, Shanahan was the best CO I ever served under, Navy, Naval Reserve, and Army National Guard. The absoulte best.

Don Reed
MM2 6/66-11/68

Adm Jack Shanahan 23 years 5 months ago #14581

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
When we were all in Brownsville discussing sea stories we all had a story about when someone messed up, and when they went before the Capt., they would be allowed to explain themselves to him and often walk without punishment because we was a human being who understood situations that arise. I think this might be because he was a mustang who went up through the ranks and was where we were. He was a great captain and I wish he had shown up in Brownsville. I would love to have his e-mail address because I would like to write him when I get my computer back from CompUSA.

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 04/07/2001 11:51:04

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds