Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Snipes overflowing the fuel oil vents 23 years 7 months ago #14147

• jim brown
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That oil spill was on the 66 cruise because I got off right after that. I think mary sue (name might not be right) and her girls painted the ship in Hong Kong and that happened on the way back. I was a GMM3 so we had to repaint the missle launcher and magazine along with the aft gun mount and the 01 deck. We were a little upset about that.

As for McCoy, I was hanging around with him back then. McCoy,Murphy,Jeareau and myself shared an appartment in Wai Ki Ki. Alot of you guys were at that appartment. Do you remember? We had alot of parties there. They used to call me Alfie back then. Sounds stupid now. I sure would like to know what ever happened to McCoy and Murphy. Does anyone know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Snipes overflowing the fuel oil vents 23 years 7 months ago #14149

• cubicinch
  • Thank you received: 0
I remember Fox Div had the stern station for tieing up the ship when we would come into port & McCoy had a few of us up on the forcastle teaching us how to throw a heaving line, he taught us so well that on one or maybe more than one occasion we tried to bounch the "monkey fist" off the hood of any nearby Navy vehicle on the pier. To this day I still coil up rope or extension cords that way... kinda lame to think something loke that will stick with you after 30 some odd years!!!

Allan R. Harris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds