Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone out there? 23 years 7 months ago #14121

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't know about all you old timers, but I for one would like to see some posts by newer shipmates also. I think we would all like to know what kinds of adventures Cochrane was involved in over the years. We can't be the only ones that had all the fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone out there? 23 years 7 months ago #14134

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Wes I have thought about it many times but I have a hard enough time keeping up with you guys and this site. It is a good idea though. Maybe someday I will surprise you and dig into my memory banks and pull something out.

Anyone out there? 23 years 6 months ago #14195

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Where is a copy of the actual ship's log kept? Is it public information? Would be interesting to see a digest of the history of the Cochrane from the logbook perspective at least, and get some dates and times straight..

I enjoy the postings of crewmembers who served later, even though I was long gone, Am not particularly romantic about military exploits in general, but those the ship and crew experienced are always of interest. Often wondered how the ship fit into the events of later days, how the crew dealt with life on and off board.

I guess the older guys--we're all in our 50's now, perhaps some in 60's, have more time and inclination to remember and reminisce. Something about that time in our lives and the impressions made stand out and are still recalled, with some hope of accuracy.

Anyone out there? 23 years 6 months ago #14199

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Paul,
Yes we are all in our 50's and 60's. but alot of that time period seems to stand out from all of the rest. not always accurate as you can see from some of the memories but always one point runs through that the times made lasting impressions.

Edited by - Ken Keeler on 02/26/2001 12:33:25

Anyone out there? 23 years 6 months ago #14213

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Where is a copy of the actual ship's log kept? Is it public information? Would be interesting to see a digest of the history of the Cochrane from the logbook perspective at least, and get some dates and times straight..
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Paul go and see my post in the Ship's Quarterdeck Logs topic in this (does anyone remember ...) forum. It may answer your question.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds