Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PTSD 1 year 11 months ago #16817

• Tmacdonald
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone been diagnosed with PTSD from being on the ship during the Viet Nam period on the gun line. West Pac 72/73 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PTSD 1 year 10 months ago #16818

• fred
  • Thank you received: 2
I didn't put in for bennies, but I was told I could qualify. I was an ET. The PTSD comes in two instances: One was the betrayal by out government when they handed our victory back to the commies, no strings at5tached. Second was that FAC who was calling in NGFS on civilians. The one that bothers me most was that asshole that was our favorite bird dog for three weeks. The thing that caused the ruckus was when we got a fire mission that was right on the beach in front of us. He called in that there were three NVA digging a foxhole. I forget the signalman, but he was looking through the big eyes at the time and he figured it would be great to watch the enemy get blown up. The Capt. said to fire and the signalman said HOLD YOUR FIRE! Capt was on the signal bridge in about 5 seconds, and he was steamed. Signalman just said look at this. Capt looked and saw the fire mission was on three little kids playing in the sand on the beach. That begs the question, What were we blowing up for the past three weeks? I still feel sick about the whole matter, even nightmares. Capt followed up to the FAC's commander. Anyway, that's the way I remember it. Maybe signalman can verify the account. That and the fact that our government betrayed 58 thousand brothers who died fighting that f'd up cluster.

PTSD 1 year 10 months ago #16819

• fred
  • Thank you received: 2
Mike Moratory's widow was successful getting something related to agent orange OR the ships overhaul, lagging operation. Not sure which one. We may have gotten water in Danang, when we brough chief Rice in. Not sure, but the lagging op was a bitch. We lived through a snow fall of asbestos for a week before they moved us into the barracks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds