Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cochrane is for sale 17 years 4 months ago #16262

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Now that I have your attention, a fully functional radio controlled model of old DDG-21 is for sale. Bob Donovan contacted me a couple of weeks and he wants to give vets of the Cochrane first shot at purchasing it. You can see some pics on an old post here. Look about 2/3 of the way down the page. I would have already bought it if I had the funds.

www.usscochrane.com/ddg21/forum/topic.as...IC_ID=17&whichpage=2

Here is part of an email that Bob sent me.

<font color="blue">HI JOHN, ITS BEEN AWHILE, WELL, ITS TIME I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A BUYER FOR THE COCHRANE. I THOUGHT OF YOU GUYS FIRST. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF ONE OF THE CREW HAD A CUSTOM BUILT MODEL OF THEIR SHIP. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT. IT IS 1/96TH SCALE. 55IN. LONG 6IN BEAM. THE HULL IS FIBERGLASS. I BOUGHT THE HULL FROM THE SCALE SHIP YARD IN SAN DIEGO. THE SUPERSTRUCTURE AND DECKS ARE HIGH QUILITY AIRCRAFT GRADE PLYWOOD. 1/8TH THICK. THE MAST AND ANTENNAS ARE BRASS. THE FORWARD 5" GUN ROTATES 360 BY R/C. THE LARGE BILL BOARD RADAR ON THE AFT STACK ROTATES TO SCALE SPEED BY ELECTRIC MOTOR FROM ON OLD CAM CORDER. IT TOOK 2 YEARS OF MY SPARE TIME TO BUILD HER. SHE HAS WON SEVERAL AWARDS AT MODEL SHOWS IN FL AND NC. TWO BEST IN SHOWS, FIRST PLACE SHIP. PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD. IT HAS TWIN 6 VOLT MOTORS AND RUNS ON A RECHARGEABLE FLOOD LIGHT BATTERY. IT ALSO HAS A BASE WHICH LOOKS LIKE IT IS SITTING IN DRY DOCK ON KEEL BLOCKS. IT SAILS REAL NICE. LOTS OF PEOPLE STOP AT THE LOCAL POND TO WATCH IT SAIL. THE RADIO CONTROLS THE GUN, RUDDERS AND THROTTLE. I CAN SEND NEW PICS OF HER WHEN MY KID RETURNS FROM SC WITH MY DIGITAL CAMERA NEXT WEEK. ABOUT THE PRICE. I AM ASKING $4600.00 AND THAT INCLUDES THE SHIPPING BY GROUND IN THE LOWER 48 STATES AND INS. AIR FREIGHT WILL COST ALOT MORE. I CAN SELL THE MODEL AS A DISPLAY MODEL ONLY, WITHOUT THE RUNNING GEAR. FOR $200 LESS. IT WILL BE SAFER AND CHEAPER TO SHIP . I CAN BOLT THE HULL TO THE BASE SO IT WONT SHIFT.I WILL HAVE TO BUILD A WOOD CRATE FOR IT. I SOLD A CG CUTTER TO A GUY IN CA. 2 YEARS AGO . THE CRATE WORKED GOOD. NO DAMAGE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GO NAVY !!!!. BOB USCG. PS MY DAUGHTER JUST TOLD ME WHEN SHE STARTS HIGH SCHOOL NEXT YEAR SHE IS GOING TO JOIN THE NAVY ROTC!!! GREAT.!!!!--WHATS A COASTIE GOING TO DO !!!</font id="blue">

Another email:

<font color="blue">You and your shipmates have first dibs....I will wait to sell on e-bay or locally until I hear something back from you...I would rather of someone have it that served on it ...if I sell it as a display model I can go lower than my original asking price and it will be easier to ship...I'll be standing by to see if you hear anything...the Cochrane is awaiting orders to get underway to a new home port...

2-1-09 email
HEY JOHN, ITS BEEN AWHILE, YES I STILL HAVE THE COCHRANE MODEL IN MY LIVING ROOM. IT IS STILL FOR SALE. HAD 2 POSSIBLE BUYERS AWHILE AGO THAT YOU TOLD ME ABOUT . THEY WANTED TO BUY IT AND THEN CHANGED THEIR MINDS.
I HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. IF YOU KNOW A PERSON WHO IS INTERESTED HE CAN CALL ME AT ###-###-####. I WAS JUST TELLING A GUY LAST WEEK ABOUT THE COCHRANE WEBSITE!!!!!. HOPE TO HEAR FROM THEM . THANKS FOR THE INFO. THE MODEL IS STILL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. JUST NEEDS A LITTLE DUSTING OFF.

</font id="blue">

If anyone is interested they can either contact me or contact Bob directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I hope someone can give her a good home.

John
The topic has been locked.

Cochrane is for sale 16 years 2 months ago #16367

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font size="5"></font id="size5">

HERE IS A LINK TO ONE THAT I COULD AFFORD...

UNFORTUNATELY, I DO NOT THINK IT IS FOR SALE.

www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/dd/ddg-21/700-bc/bc-index.html

Cochrane is for sale 16 years 2 months ago #16368

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font size="5"></font id="size5"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">

HERE'S THE HOMEPAGE

www.modelwarships.com/index1.html

Cochrane is for sale 15 years 8 months ago #16400

• tag
Is this still for sale? Call me if it is to discuss purchasing it.
312-907-4313

Cochrane is for sale 15 years 8 months ago #16401

• tag
Also if anyone is interested in purchasing the 1/700 scale Cochrane and
Adams sailing side by side with a helicopter carring supplies coming up behind
let me know. It in a display case in simulated water with wake. If I buy the big one I
will need to unload some stuff. Also let me know how to get pictures posted so I can show he model. 312-907-4313

Cochrane is for sale 15 years 7 months ago #16410

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
tag:

I contacted Bob and the model is still available. I have updated his email address at the end of the first post if you wish to contact him directly. If you would rather contact him by phone, email me and I will send his phone # to you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds